Do you still see Doom and Gloom all around you like JW's do?

by JH 26 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

We all know that the JW's think that the end is so close.

In a way, I'm still programmed that way. I like reading news from all around the world, and you can find bad news all around the world. Example: Bird flu, Iran nuclear problem, terrorism, and so on...

I'm just wondering if other x witnesses here still are doom and gloom people, thinking that we are on the edge of some world catastrophy?

• Legolas
    Legolas

To be fair...It's not only the duds that see doom and gloom!

Remember Anne Murray song...Sure could use a little good news today...S**t..LOL..Now I have that song in my head!

• ferret
    ferret

I see good and bad as has been the case throughout history.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Double post!

• JH
    JH

What did you say Legolas?

• Legolas
    Legolas

JH...Get out of the snow will ya!

• JH
    JH

It's mostly all Ice now It rained over the snow and it froze hard.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Legolas and ferret must have been posting at the exact same time.!!!!

I don't live in constant fear of something bad happening like I used to.........I am not so anxious. I was always living on the edge of my seat. I remember going through a constant fear that every decision was going to mean LIFE or DEATH.

I am not focused on the negative...........and it is very nice.

purps

• greendawn
    greendawn

Bad things have been going on since the dawn of history and today the world is more civilised at least in the West. Ppl are better educated and enlightened, compare to the Middle Ages to see why it's better to live today.

• juni
    juni

Good evening JH,

I can relate to what you said about being programmed to believe that we are on the brink of catastrophe. I feel bad for those people who are suffering and locally I do what I can to help out individuals. But on a world-wide scale, I don't have the money or notoriety to make a dent. I donate where I can, but I also have bills to pay.

Personally, I enjoy each day I'm alive and try to be a good person to those around me. Where events are heading - I don't really know. Religion is the root of these upheavals so that agrees w/my beliefs that religion is a farce. Being a spiritual person brings peace to one's inner self and therefor moves one to be kind toward others.

I know that the JW religion believes it's the only true belief, but likewise w/Islam, Jews, etc. That's where a lot of trouble begins. People then feel superior to others and become judgmental and unloving. I feel there is a huge chasm between being religious and spiritual.

My mantra is then, "Live each day to the fullest and be kind to others".

Juni

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit