Do you still see Doom and Gloom all around you like JW's do?

by JH 26 Replies latest jw friends

• lighthouse1956
    lighthouse1956

Not realy, the news coverage today is so quick that you can see many things going on in the world within a 30 minute newshow. Publicity seems to make terrism worse.

• *Heather*
    *Heather*

well... i never was baptised into the religion because i always thought it was a bunch of BS. however i sometimes do feel like there is and end to the world. I guess we won't know unless something happens.

man... i've been a little brainwashed... *tear* but all is well!

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Actually, since I left, I have realized that the world it not such a bad, scary place. I think there are more good people in the world than bad people. I think the media does a great job of sensationalizing everything that it feeds the fear that JWs thrive on. If I didn't know any better, I would think the JWs were paying the media to do it!

Yes, there are evil things that happen in the world, but all of these of things only happen because people make bad choices. It doesn't mean it is the end of the world.

With that being said, whenever there is a disaster on a large scale ... i.e. WTC disaster, tsunami disaster ... that old JW programming comes out of ... I don't know where ... and it takes me a minute (sometimes longer) to bring myself back to reality.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    man... i've been a little brainwashed

So were we all Heather....

One thing I learned since joining the board is that it takes a while to break free mentally of the organisation; I have been out for 10 years or more and I joined this site last year; it was only then that I realised how mentally I was still a prisoner; Makes you distrust religion somewhat in my view.

DB74

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

I no longer see doom and gloom - Thank goodness!!

Even as a JW, the doom-and-gloom mindset got old real fast. After a while, I honestly couldn't handle people who insisted on pointing out every single piece of bad news available.

GGG

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I still get that llittle tic, every earthquake, disease, even plane crash. Danish flag-burning is probably the big one at the moment and I can see my poor mother fretting about it and putting it in her bag of things that's wrong with the world and clear proof that the end is close.

• Undecided
    Undecided

I do see some bad things happening in the youth culture of this generation. Too many drugs being used, rap mentality among many groups. The drug problem isn't only in the young. Several of my wife's relatives are into drugs and it ruins lives. I don't know how it will effect the world situation, but it won't makes things better. Too many older people take prescription drugs for pain, depression, etc. Have any of you noticed this, or is it just in my area?

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit