Matthew 25

by Farkel 73 Replies latest jw friends

• proplog2
    proplog2

Farkel:

I need to apologize to you. I think I may be guilty of a "Gilda Radner" (I don't know how to spell Roseanna ...)

I read your post two more times and your issue ISN'T the showing of charity toward those on the outside of the congregation but rather charity within the congregation.

I have been the recipient of charity from the congregation & I have silently helped many others. Even though I was just a 3 hour a month publisher with no "position" the congregation paid for my hospital bill and food for my family until I recovered from a life threatening illness. By the way I got no help from my witness parents even though they were fairly well-off and enjoying a retirment of leisure and travel. My witness parents were pleased that they didn't have to crack open a CD before it matured. I have known many generous witnesses and quite a few skunks too.

Even though I had a family of six I have on several occasions taken in people who had mental problems and needed a place to stay until they could get a handle on their problems. Many times I have secretly dropped off groceries at the homes of brothers who were having problems. To be honest I seldom contribute money to the contribution box.

After re-reading your post I see that we agree on one point at least. The distinction between "annointed" and "other-sheep" is kind of self-serving. It is supposed to be one flock.

• Winston
    Winston

proplog2,

I just want to say I also appreciate your fair mindedness. I don't recall your earlier posts but your last couple in this thread sound pretty fair and I salute you,(really)!

Former elder turned apostate (by WT definition)[:)}and proud of it!

• LDH
    LDH

You Know and Proplog seem to have forgotten one vital point.

Jesus fed the crowds on two occasions although he knew they were there for the food and not to hear his message!

As far as saying that Jesus could have 'passed to his followers his gift of providing food." he did. He clearly said works greater that what he had already done would be achieved.

Which works was Jesus referring to? Placing the Washtower and Afake?

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I’ve only cited a few references to prove my point; there are dozens and dozens more I could call up, but I want to wrap this up. Before I do though, I want to show you why Jesus was SPECIFICALLY talking about helping brothers out in tangible and physical ways and not in some bullshit “spiritual” way in this chapter in Matthew. He could not be talking about anything else and here is why: could any human offer Jesus “spiritual food?” How could a human do that to the Son of God? NO! He was talking about CHARITY to fellow humans.

You're breaking my heart, D. I HEAR you saying this, but I don't see you exercising it. Have I not shown such love to you? And yet, you won't even allow yourself the modicum of love it would take to forgive me and get past your chagrin, even when I loved you first. I don't want any PHYSICAL thing from you, and have only, in the long time we've known each other, asked for one thing. And yet you refuse to grant it. How then can YOU sit in judgment of the WTBTS's hypocrisy, when you are allowing yourself to exist in your own?

Indeed, if my Lord's words 'to the extent you did it to the LEAST of these my brothers, you did it to me,' holds true... then, as I am the LEAST of my Lord's brothers... is it not against him that you are holding your ire?

But it does not have to be that way. Could you not 'widen out' in your love for a FRIEND, as I once had to do for a 'stranger'?

I bid you peace, D., to time indefinite, and I am yet still,

YOUR servant, friend... and sister in Christ,

Shelby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit