Matthew 25

by Farkel 73 Replies latest jw friends

• logical
    logical
    I do what I can to help people, as do many of Jehovah's Witnesses, but the guy on the street ain't Jesus' brother as you mistakenly assume.

SO???????

Once again, you show your real fruits.

• JustAThought
    JustAThought

You Know,

What, per the Bible passages in question (Matthew 25 and Luke 10), is the DIFFERENCE in how JESUS instructs us to CARE for our BROTHER and/or our NEIGHBOR?

JustAQuestion,

• logical
    logical

You Know, please consider the following scriptures, regarding above quote:

Romans 12:20
    Proverbs 19:17, Matthew 25:40

Notice how the two verses are cross-referenced in the NWT?

• Yadira Angelini
    Yadira Angelini

Farkle and ther rest: I'm learning so much from your posts. Youknow: You are helping me see and cry more and more each day my daughter is in such cult so far away from Jesus' TRUE TEACHINGS. How sad! you are not able to see what Farkle and the rest are saying to you.. I feel sorry for you. You are certainly in the worst cult. If you only knew and be open for once! I'll pray for you. To all, help me pray for my daughter. Ouch!, my heart is bleeding for you 'Youknow' and my daughter...

Yadira Angelini

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Hey Maximus, how about sharing the 'scoop' with the rest of us. You wouldn't want us to feel left out would you?

• proandcon
    proandcon

True story...JW's the most loving people on earth (tm)...several pioneer sisters were leaving the KH one morning on their way to field service. A jogger, a woman, approached them as they stood on the KH steps and asked if she could use the bathroom. My gosh...what to do. No brothers around to direct! No procedures or protocol to follow! No recent or old mags to refer too! What to do? How would their approximately 45 years of collective enlightened truth shine forth? Would they reflect the "light of the world".

They told the jogger they were leaving; would not reopen the door and that a gas station was about 3 blocks away.

You make the call...Loving...even reasonable? True its just these three who in the JW element are fine and responsible mature people. But outside the element have major personality flaws! At least they didn' try to give the anxious jogger some reading material. Hope she made it!

• bboyneko
    bboyneko
    A jogger, a woman, approached them as they stood on the KH steps and asked if she could use the bathroom....They told the jogger they were leaving; would not reopen the door and that a gas station was about 3 blocks away.

Once in the video game, The Sims I love building a giant hedge maze, place a big pot of coffee at the entrance, and at the other end of the meaze a nice toilet. They usually don't make it and up peeing themselves.

-Dan

• TR
    TR

I believe there was a reference to a to love or not to love situation in C of C.

A df'd woman with stroller and baby arrive at the KH for a meeting. She needed help to go up some stairs, I recall. The "brothers" agonized over whether to help her or not. Finally, one JW said basically: to hell with rules, this woman needs help!

What a bunch of noise to have to be in a quandry over helping someone in need.

TR

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    —Edmund Burke

• Flip
    Flip
    What’s the final solution to humans who DARE question and twist Jesus clear and simple warnings? Oh, I think Matthew 25:46 sums it up quite nicely:

“And these will depart into everlasting cutting-off, but the righteous ones into everlasting life.”

So, what are you getting at Fark...that Jehovah's Witnesses who consider it's not 'kosher' for the likes of Hitler and his henchmen to have done, are doing and about to do...but it's alright for Jehovah and His WTB&TS to promote, eventually doing something worse?

Flip

• outnfree
    outnfree

Hi, Farkel! LOVED this post!

I was in Borders [bookstore] over the weekend and picked up a little book, Unearthing the Lost Words of Jesus, by John Dart and Ray Riegert, which includes the Gospel of Thomas.

When I read this quote of Had_Enough's

I feel moved my this because right at this time in my life I'm am happy to be here learning, getting stronger in my convictions even though what I'm learning can cause me upset and turmoil.

I couldn't help but think of something I just read there:

Saying 1: "Whoever finds the interpretation of these sayings will not taste death."

Saying 2: "Let whoever seeks not cease from his seeking until he finds. When he finds, he will be troubled. When he is troubled, he will marvel and will reign over all."

To me, this means that the interpretation spoken of in Saying 1 CAN be found, but the search demands ceaseless effort. The interpretation is troublesome once found. And the finder becomes troubled, but marvels at the troublesome interpretation and that interpretation is elevating and empowering.

Sort of how Farkel's expose of the Watchtower's MISinterpretation of Matthew 25 will feel troublesome to JW lurkers if they have hearts like Had_Enough and he do.

Sort of how the correct interpretation is troublesome to those of us who recognized the MISinterpretation and left the Society in part because of it like bluesapphire, waiting, bboy, JustAThought and others.

Sort of how the correct interpretation is elevating and empowering because if anyone really wants to gain eternal life, according to Christ Jesus, all s/he needs do is be charitable to fellow humans. Who, really cannot accomplish that in some small way as one walks through life?

(ALL fellow humans, You Know! But you, being the Priestly type, can begin with your fellow Witnesses, if helping Samaritans goes against your grain. I just know that helping others materially wasn't done too much at my former Kingdom Hall, despite GREAT need on the part of some.)

And some points about 1 Corinthians 10:3 which in context is talking about how the Chosen People were led out of bondage to Pharoah and were taken care of by Jehovah in the wilderness: (JB)"They were all baptized into Moses in this cloud and in this sea; all ate the same spiritual food and all drank the same spiritual drink, since they all drank from the spiritual rock that followed them as they went, and that rock was Christ. In spite of this, most of them failed to please God and their corpses littered the desert." [Verse 3 in italics]

Here the spiritual food and the spiritual drink are equated with the spiritual rock = Christ Jesus. Be forewarned, YouKnow. If you wish to link the Chosen Ones with the 144,000, be careful to remember that MOST of those united in Christ "failed to please God and their corpses littered the desert." I'd advise making gifts of mercy -- MATERIAL gifts of mercy -- right away. Don't take your "chosen status" as a right rather than a privilege which the Father bestows.
    And, if I may ask, how do YOU [b}KNOW[/b] that the wino on the street is NOT one of Christ's brothers? Was Rahab living an ideal life when she charitably hid the spies and lied to the authorities???? hmmmmm?
    I think even the Watchtower teaches that only GOD can read hearts. Certainly only God can see the potential in a Rahab or a homeless drunk. We are NOT to be judging others. Jesus said so.

outnfree
    (who donated to soup kitchens and clothing drives and disaster relief ALL THE YEARS she was a JW and made no excuses!)

Thanks again, Farkel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit