This is how the WTS can make BLOOD allowable and not loose members

by jwfacts 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I was discussing with my auntie how in the 70's transplants were not allowed, and then in the 80's they were, and asked that since people died by not having a transplant what evidence this had of Gods direction. He answer enlightened me. She said "transplants were dangerous in the 70's and so God was protecting his people from them."

The WTS could take the same route to get out of the bloody mess they are in. Over the last few years they have eased off on blood restrictions. They have just primed their members that God reveals new light. They can now make blood transfusions a conscience matter, but retain eatting blood as wrong. That way they remove any legal risk by being able to say that any JW that refuses blood did so without coaxing.

But how to get away with it without loosing members. Say that God was protecting his members by making blood transfusions wrong before. Reinforce the huge risks blood used to pose during the 20th century from AIDS, Hepatitis etc. Quote that old survey that 100,000 Americans used to get HepC each year from blood. Say how grateful every JW should be that God used the WTS to protect his people. Then end that now blood is not as dangerous it is a conscience matter.

JWs are so convinced that blood is bad that they will be awed at how great their religion is.

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

You are absolutely right. They always have a way around everything. "The light just got brighter." The dubs always have an excuse for what goes on.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

This would be the most logical step for them to take. However, the article published by the Journal of Church and State shows how the WT misrepresented the dangers of blood way back when they published the blood brochure.

• garybuss
    garybuss

As a sidebar, Witnesses here had a universal hatred of the Red Cross. I'm not sure that's a relevant issue connected to the blood misuse guidelines. The current crop of believers may not share the Red Cross feelings with the older Witnesses. Witnesses I know also hated the AMA. Blood medical treatment is connected with both of these institutions.

Really all the Society would have to do is change the shunning doctrine. Make medical treatment a non religious issue.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

great ideas

• amused
    amused

Did anyone catch the CSI episode last night where Grissam makes the point that the embryo does not have any blood flow until the 18th day after conception? So, if the life is in the blood, when does life start?

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

jwfacts,

"But how to get away with it without loosing members. Say that God was protecting his members by making blood transfusions wrong before. Reinforce the huge risks blood used to pose during the 20th century from AIDS, Hepatitis etc. Quote that old survey that 100,000 Americans used to get HepC each year from blood. Say how grateful every JW should be that God used the WTS to protect his people. Then end that now blood is not as dangerous it is a conscience matter. "

This is interesting. We say to JWs that the facts speak for themselves open your eyes and see the real truth and here you have presented an excellent defense JW use for abstaining from blood and yet in our obsession to beat them over the head on the blood issue we have become like them.

• skyman
    skyman

amused good point. I wonder if that is true.

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Excellent. I'm hoping they'd lose some members, like with the generations thing. But most would stay, thanking Jah for all of his wisdom. You are absolutely right.

And, hey, good point about blood in the baby!

• elliej
    elliej

I read the same response your aunt made on another forum by another jw apologist. It sounds like a valid reason until you read the article that "brought out" the reason transplants were wrong: they were comparable to cannibalism because it was a matter of taking in another person's flesh for survival. If it was only a matter of being dangerous, why didn't God just direct them to explain that it was not safe? Why go to the extreme of calling it cannibalistic? So far, any JW I have asked doesn't have a good answer, but I know why.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit