This is how the WTS can make BLOOD allowable and not loose members

by jwfacts 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

You`re right...they could even turn it into a good thing. "Jehobah was just taking care of his people, because blood was dangerous in the 80s and 90s because of AIDS...but now he has revealed to us that blood will be ok now, cause they have made blood safe"... But lets not help them fix their own doctrines, folks...let them scratch their heads over this themselves.

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

This is so right on!!

can you believe how they can twist stuff.

it will be interesting to see how it plays out....

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I often wonder if it is better to try to help fix the WTS, or to try to bring it down. At the end of the day I think that unfortunately most people will stay in the JW religion for now, so if it can be made a better and safer place to be part of, then at least something has been achieved.

• KW13
    KW13

If the org is still going in a long time from now, then i do believe that in the end a lot different things will be allowed, they will slide them in over the years till you'll be allowed blood or something.

• Ténébreux
    Ténébreux

Supposing transfusions became 100% safe tomorrow, how would they get around the fact that this should be irrelevant because they've always said they reject blood on religious and scriptural grounds and not for medical reasons?

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    Supposing transfusions became 100% safe tomorrow, how would they get around the fact that this should be irrelevant because they've always said they reject blood on religious and scriptural grounds and not for medical reasons?

Watchtower 1/1-2007:

Jehovah has protected his people!

For years, Jehovahs people has protected his people from the dangers of blood transfusions. In all previous decades to this, the risks of blood transfusions have been overwhelming. In the 80s and 90s, the HIV-epidemic made blood transfusions into a gamble of life and death. As the famous... proctocologist, dr. Ivan Buttman said in an interview in the New York Times in 1985: "Blood transfusions have become very risky now, after HIV entered the scene". Yes, so risky that it was right to avoid it! For years, Jehovahs people believed that they had scriptural grounds for refusing blood transfusions, but we now bring a heart of understanding on this issue. Jehovah provided his slave with meat at the proper time in these decades which we have now left behind. Jehovah communicated to us that blood was dangerous at this time. He did this to prevent the loss of lives among his faithful people. But now that the danger is over, he is providing us with new spiritual food, fitting for our day and age. As we read in ...Malachi 2:1: "Now, you priests, this commandment is for you". Yes, Jehovahs people are the priests and as the prophet said, blood is now just fucking ey okey blah blah blah blah

See, it`s easy. Anyone can do it.

• serendipity
    serendipity

I hope they take this approach SOON to save lives.

• Room 215
    Room 215

... or they could simply revert to their previous position wherein a person who took a transfusion was considered ``immature" or ``spiritually weak" and not really ``wicked" and therefore not liable for disfellowshipping.

• willyloman
    willyloman

The nightly prayer among GB members is that some firm working on artificial blood passes all gov't trials and puts it on the market. In the late 1990s, it appeared such a solution was at hand until trials revealed some downside. If such a breakthrough occurs, the whole blood issue goes away for them and they never have to admit they were wrong. Indeed, they'll spin it so their "courageous" stand was not only biblically justifed, it led to important surgical advances.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Willyloman, i agree that the GB must have been waiting for years for an effective non blood substitute. I just wonder how much longer they can hold out for.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit