C.O / D.O leaving the `truth`???

by jambon1 34 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Rooster..............

I am not putting you down, but your question................

What was Raymond Franz?

just tells me that it is the Watchtower Society's greatest joy that so many of their followers (like you) do not know any history of the organization at all.

If you stay on this and other forums long enough..........and do some other internet surfing about the religion publishing company that we were slaves of for so many years, you will have your eyes opened to one of the most controlling religious sects that ever existed.

Ray Franz was one of the governing body.

How long have you been a JW? Or have you ever been a JW?

Please stick around and continue to ask questions. You will be amazed at the "truths" you will learn!

HappyDad

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

There was a CO in South America that left after finding out the WTS is a hoax that I read recently about but I can't find his name. I have known of a couple of CO's in Australia that were d/f for immorality.

A few bethelites that I know personally have left for doctrinal reasons, and others for immorality. In Au there were a spate of Ministerial Training School brothers getting d/f for fornication in their new assignments, and I have also met the wife of a missionary who ran off with an island sister during his assignment.

Of course i am still waiting for my CO parents to wake up to reality.

• rekless
    rekless

there was a Bro. Moore that served the Napa, Mendocino,Lake County curcuit in Northern California. He and his wife was assinged the Pheonix, Az. area after he left us and the last we heard of him "pride that is what got him, running ahead of Mother," he was the nicest CO I ever met.

• uninformed
    uninformed

I can't add any actual account of a CO or DO leaving but I did hear a rumor in the early 80's:

The rumor was that Dennis Trumbore, a DO and KM School instructor in Chicago (he was my instructor in 1972) developed some serious doubts about the Org and the GB brought him into Brooklyn and worked with him for several months to assuage his concerns.

Reportedly he "recovered" and stayed with the borg.

I saw him at a Chicago Dist. Convention in the mid 90's and he seemed a different person.

Anyone know anything about him?

uninformed

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Uniformed, I too was in the Chicago School where Dennis Trumbore was the instructor around the same time as you. I heard the same thing about him as you reported. Too bad if he stayed in as he seemed like a decent humble person.

Outaservice

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Hi JWfacts

Do you remember the name of a Iranian born CO who was married to a nice Islander sister ,I think he left or DF and recently I heard he was trying to come back .Do you know also the circumstances?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

woza,
    Ever heard of an 'urban legend'? Where there is no news, people make up their own!!

I think I know who you're vaguely referring to but the details are wrong, way wrong.

BTW he's not Iranian but Assyrian - it matters to him!

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

jwfacts

oh brain flash....Joe Sleighman....what happened there........he was always so relaxed behind the podium ,leaning on it with one leg tucked behind the other! Of course one would be severely counseled for that in the ministry school ..but it is ok for a CO!

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

ozziepost

sounds like you're defensive , that is'nt you is it Joe?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

woza,

Oh my, you have a lot to learn!!!

No, I'm not Joe but someone else here might be closer.....

You can be sure that the loyal dubs will have demonised the names and reputations of those who chose to leave.

That's why it's best not to repeat what we're not sure of. I repeat: for many people, it's a case of "don't let the facts get in the way of a good story"!

BTW you spelt Joe's name wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit