C.O / D.O leaving the `truth`???

by jambon1 34 Replies latest jw friends

• blakky
    blakky

Wozza /Jwfacts

Joe did the fade away thing.

He was our C/O for many years. Then he left the circuit to take care of his elderly mum.(non JW)

He joined my cong and was promptly made PO. He was Po for a few years, then stepped down as an elder and stopped coming.

Word is that he was 'stumbled ' when we had the doctrinal change re the Generation. It makes sense because the "new light" on generation came in i think 94/95, and thats when he came off the circuit.

Anyways, he and his wife are now divorced. It turns his wife Gene didnt believe in God. So she had been living a lie for many years whilst on the circuit. Joe has a 10 or 11 year old child. Yes, he was having an affair with a worldly chick whilst on the circuit.

He was my favourite CO though. Always had time for young ones in the cong, his public speaking skills were second to none. And he new the the bible inside out.

• proplog2
    proplog2

What was Maximus. I thought he was a DO.

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Hi jwfacts'

Adelaide actually and it will be good to get to know more of each other and our experiences.

blakky

It's funny you said he knew his bible inside out as years ago we were witnessing together and a person at the door said to us to get lost as they new the bible "back to front" , and Joe and I looked at each other and turned away from them and Joe said loudly "Oh yeah they know their bible back to front alright" and we both laughed loudly as we left down the driveway!

• pratt1
    pratt1

There was a black CO that served several congos in Brooklyn NY back in the '80's that I heard left the "truth". I believe he was from Detriot, but I forgot his name.

Also the insurance scandal that I have mentioned in another thread was an Assisant Circuit Overseer. His name is Dwayne Samuels and he was the president of the company that embezzeled Millions of dollars from the witlesses. He was and still is DFed.

• Buster
    Buster

Skyman: The CO you are referring to is Bruce Baker. If I remember correctly, he as a City Overseer in Salem, OR. His final straw was when he couldn't personally tolerate the deceit involved in the Tacoma parking scandal.

This is a bit of his story: http://www.pfo.org/freepark.htm

Side note: My wife (never-a-dub) and I met Bruce, his wife and one of his daughters a few years ago. It was the first ex-dub event I ever brought her to. She spent a fair amount of time talking to Bruce. She was horrified at the stories of sending 12-yr-old abuse victims back home to pray more. She started to cry as Bruce told her of his son that refused to let him see his grandchildren because of their religious beliefs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit