How often do you bathe?

by BlessedStar 110 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

So tell me more about this "saggy" thang. Are you telling me that by the time I hit 70 I can expect to be dragging my balls behind me?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Daily.

Funny personal experience indelibly etched into my brain. Because my boss couldn't bring himself to discuss issues of personal hygiene he asked me to address a problem in our small tech shop. The conversation went like this:

[me] Hey, you know they have this new stuff out called "deodorant."

[BO man] Yeah? What's your point?

[me] So when you use deodorant, do you just wipe once or cover like the whole area under your armpits?

[BO man] You want me to teach you how to use deodorant?

[me] No. Not really.

[BO man] ...

[me] I wanted to make sure you know how to use deodorant.

[BO man] I use deodorant, man. What are you talking about?

[me] Okay, okay...well, maybe it's that you don't bathe regularly enough or maybe your armpit hairs could use a trim.

[BO man] Are you saying I stink?

[me] Yes. But I am trying my best to say it tactfully. I just don't think that is possible.

[BO man] Whatever, man. If you have some problem with me just tell me.

[me] I, um, I just did.

[BO man] Well, there's nothing I can do differently than what I am doing.

[me] Do you have some sort of medical condition that HR should know about that makes you stink?

[BO man] You are the only person who has ever said anything to me about body odor.

[me] That's because no one else has the guts to tell you what they really think about it.

(Boss walks into the office)

[BO man] Hey [Boss], do you think I smell bad?

[Boss, looking like a deer in headlights] Well, since you asked me...yeah.

[BO man] Whatever! You guys are the only ones to ever say anything to me about it.

[me] Um, maybe you should ask more people like you did with [Boss] and then they might feel more inclined to be honest with you. It isn't the easiest subject to talk about, you know.

[BO man] Whatever...if it gets too bad people I think people would tell me.

(awkward long silence with looks exchanged between Boss and I)

[Boss] You know that part of your job description that says "Other duties as assigned"? I want you to work on improving your personal hygiene.

[BO man] <snicker> Whatever!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Okay, okay, another question.

If I shower every day but refuse to mask my man-scent with manufactured perfumed products, can I still expect a lower social standing in the USofA?

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I only shower about once every 3 or 4 days, and here's why:

Out here in the temperate climate of California it is not muggy so you don't get all sweaty just being outside. I also do not work hard - I just go to school, study and design.

Actually, I have heard that dermatologists recommend not showering every day if you do not have to because of something it does to your skin or something. With that said, no, I do not smell in public and yes, I have a wife to let me know if I do.

• lola28
    lola28
    If I shower every day but refuse to mask my man-scent with manufactured perfumed products, can I still expect a lower social standing in the USofA?

As long as you shower and don't smell like a dead rat you should be fine.

lola

• JH
    JH
    As long as you shower and don't smell like a dead rat you should be fine

<-----------I'M alive

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Yes.....eventually the day's funk will overpower the morning shower!

• serendipity
    serendipity

LT, hon, as long as you wear unscented antiperspirant, you'll be ok.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Apparently it depends on who you ask. Personally, I much prefer man-scent to manufactured-scent...well, depending on the man, I guess So, next time you're over here you can stand next to me...I'm quite sure I can stand it...although standing next to me might actually be considered a "lower social standing"

~Merry-can

• mark hughes
    mark hughes

Twice a day in asses milk followed by an invigorating rub down with a slightly moist kipper.

If its good enough for the Egyptians its good enough for me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit