My mom has just informed me about my "worldy activity"

by stillAwitness 27 Replies latest jw friends

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Not drugs

Not even sex.

Hell, it could of even been my Cosmo magazine that comes every month.

Nope...she said it was me being in college.

Sometimes I want to just run away from it all!

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

Shame on you for trying to improve your mind and make something of yourself!

Now put on some panty hose and sit there quietly while the good brothers tell us how we can think and believe.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

**hugs stilla**

you can always come move in with me and be my drinkin' buddy.

luv, jojo

• xjwms
    xjwms

Sounds like she is not approving

you getting a great job and having a better life?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Wow, that's irritating. If you weren't a troll, WT spy (yeah, right!) I would feel sorry for you.

Ah, heck! If you ARE a troll WT spy, I still feel sorry for you.

Just kidding, ((((stillA)))). Hoping that made you smile inside.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Hi Stilla, I guess your mom would rather you have ( Mental Obesity ) like most of the JW's have. A lack of exercising the brain.

Enjoy college and have fun, The Claw.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Looking back I think when my mother would say stupid stuff like that to me it was because she was secretly jealous. I like to think that.

Josie

• carla
    carla

Wow! your mom doesn't say anything about Cosmo?! ha, my daughter never let dad see them. I guess the covers, dad's just don't appreciate-== How to drive your man wild in bed!, What men really want in bed! things on those lines.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

jojo: you can always come move in with me and be my drinkin' buddy.

Hmmm...it is tempting...2 fine looking chicks like us at a bar...

xjwms: Sounds like she is not approving

I think she was just having a bad day today. But I can't help but think how happy she'd really be if I jsut quit school and started pioneering with her. (I just shudder at the thought. )

Auld Soul:

Wow, that's irritating. If you weren't a troll, WT spy (yeah, right!) I would feel sorry for you.

Ah, heck! If you ARE a troll WT spy, I still feel sorry for you.

Just kidding, ((((stillA)))). Hoping that made you smile inside. I'm still touchy about that "I think StillA is a troll" episode. But thanks for trying. carla: Wow! your mom doesn't say anything about Cosmo?! ha, my daughter never let dad see them. I guess the covers, dad's just don't appreciate-== How to drive your man wild in bed!, What men really want in bed! things on those lines. 101 Ways to Spice up Your Sex life!' Does my vagina look normal? 10 Elgible Bachelors in your Hometown (and it always turns out to be a bunch of male models who live in L.A)

• Scully
    Scully

stilla,

Ask your mom to rate being in college on a scale of 1 to 100 compared to things you aren't doing, like doing drugs, being promiscuous, getting pregnant out of wedlock, dating a biker, having a therapeutic abortion, etc. in terms of their "being worldly".

If nothing else, it should make her realize that she really has no cause to complain about what you are doing by preparing yourself for your own future.

Just because the WTS doesn't like it, doesn't mean that you should not decide for yourself what is in your own best interests. Ask her how many in your congregation listened to the WTS's advice about college back in the late 60s and 70s and 80s, and are stuck in dead end jobs and have no financial security. You can use the old saying that "people who don't learn from past mistakes are doomed to repeat them".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit