My mom has just informed me about my "worldy activity"

by stillAwitness 27 Replies latest jw friends

• still angry
    still angry

Do NOT listen to her, and don't give up on your dream of a better education. I was raised a JW and my mom got it in her head that she would homeschool me, which was totally ridiculous. I was lucky to be able to get a GED, but after having my education taken so far off course, and having fell so deep into the bottle for a number of years, four year college is ludicris. Keep going for yourself and laugh at the fools that try to stop you, even if you love them.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    Do NOT listen to her, and don't give up on your dream of a better education. I was raised a JW and my mom got it in her head that she would homeschool me, which was totally ridiculous. I was lucky to be able to get a GED, but after having my education taken so far off course, and having fell so deep into the bottle for a number of years, four year college is ludicris. Keep going for yourself and laugh at the fools that try to stop you, even if you love them.

Well said Still Angry.

Why JW parents and watchtower mothers in particular give less than zero support to their offspring can best be explained in psychiatric/psycological terms (few parents show less natural love and care for their children than JWs - there's something very wrong in zombie land people).

JW parents expect you to somehow make it out there with no experience, no education and no money. When the revolution comes we're going to have all Watchtower mothers lined up & shot

unclebruce (rumours that my mother lay gunned down in a ditch are unfounded
    Watchtower Decoder: Higher Education

Watchtower: Higher education leads to higher critisism.

Decoded: Worldly education is bad for your mind control.

• undercover
    undercover

I wonder if the CO that stayed with your family put a bug in her ear...

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Stilla,

Buy a new pair of sneakers, and do just that. Run!

Dismembered

• metatron
    metatron

"Mama, I'm going to college so I can help care of your ass when you retire"

metatron

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

What's wrong with dating a biker?

• kristyann
    kristyann

Thanks, Scully and stilla, makes me feel better that I'm not the only one to feel this way and that you don't think I'm nuts.

• loosie
    loosie

Stilla, please stay in college. Do it for me!!!!! If I could go back in time, I would go to college.

My mother would have been happy if I stayed unmarried, lived with her and drank a case of beer with her after cleaning other peoples houses all day for a living.

Thank God I didn't listen to her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit