My mom has just informed me about my "worldy activity"

by stillAwitness 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Well I'm sure that if you spent a fraction of the time involved in going to college and studing secular matters on your service to Jehovah that you would be a much spiritually stronger person!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

You don't sound like you've got any plans to do so, but please don't let anything like this sideline your education. Just stick your mental fingers in your ears and say "Blah, blah, blah, blah!" until you graduate!

Dave

• Honesty
    Honesty

Ask her if she thinks college is a waste of time..... 20 years from now.

Remember, "Millions Now Living Will Never Die" circa 1920's by J.F. Rutherfraud.

BTW, that apostate is dead.

• kristyann
    kristyann

I'm glad you're going to college... who cares what they think?

This is going to sound mean... but sometimes I hope that the JWs I don't like don't ever go to college and make anything of themselves. That's really harsh and bitter of me, huh? I hope I stop feeling that way someday... but right now, I figure, they ruin so many other people's lives, they might as well have miserable ones. I hope they clean rugs forever!

Again, hopefully someday I'll stop this. It's not good to be bitter.

• Scully
    Scully

kristyann:

This is going to sound mean... but sometimes I hope that the JWs I don't like don't ever go to college and make anything of themselves. That's really harsh and bitter of me, huh? I hope I stop feeling that way someday... but right now, I figure, they ruin so many other people's lives, they might as well have miserable ones. I hope they clean rugs forever!

I don't think it sounds mean.... or harsh....

Let's just say that JWs are definitely reaping what they sow when it comes to their position on education. That is one scripture that I definitely enjoy throwing in their faces whenever they look down their noses at me for having some extra letters after my name.... and when they find out that I am planning on adding some more letters too!

BTW, do they ever wonder why Jehovah™ doesn't Bless™ them with a great job and material wealth like he did with Job? Seems like Jehovah™ is getting really cheap with his Blessings™ in his old age....

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

stilla....

damn, sounds like part of my story, i got shit for goin to university here... and so i left. i did run away from it all... and im better now than ever!!!

oh yeah and u can come live with me too

the infamous one

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Just tell her that you really had plans on going to Bethel but realize that will never happen as they are downsizing. Then you can comment that someone told you they will be needing college grads in the future...like a lot of lawyers!!!

Swalker (hang in there)

• theredhead
    theredhead

when I was in high school I applied and got accepted to a college, withouts my aunts approval. My senior year I was involved in a horrible car accident, and was unable to attend college. By the time I was able to go I did not want to.

My aunt said to me that it was Jehovahs way of letting me know he disaproved of me going to college.

And now shes letting me know how proud she is of one of the kh boys going to college and now she her self is thinking of going to college....go figure

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

kristyann: This is going to sound mean... but sometimes I hope that the JWs I don't like don't ever go to college and make anything of themselves. That's really harsh and bitter of me, huh? I hope I stop feeling that way someday... but right now, I figure, they ruin so many other people's lives, they might as well have miserable ones. I hope they clean rugs forever!

And I thought I was the only one to envision such a devious thought.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I don't get it either. I didn't do well in my first year, it was the year I discovered online bagging of WTBS... suffice it to say I spent all my library time covertly checking out JWD equivalent sites and having my mind bent in new ways. It distracted me a lot from my subjects, and I failed pretty badly. I'm back into it now - years later, determined to do a good job of it.

Don't let some combination of lack of support and miscellaneous weirdness get in the way of a) enjoying your time there and b) making the most of it. It's an exciting time for your mind... let it work!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit