The warnings were TRUE

by unique1 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• undercover
    undercover
    there is no excuse for violations of privacy.
    Yes, if I were you I would pursue a lawsuit based on libel. You need to talk with an attorney. Perhaps a cease and desist letter to them.

While I think its pretty shitty what the girl did and pretty shitty the way the elders went to the parents, the information was posted on a public blog. Anyone could see it, read it, print it and share it. Technically I don't think there's a violation of privacy or a case of libel.

Lesson learned: Don't put anything on the Internet that you don't want someone or anyone to see or read.

• slugga
    slugga
    I was a witness for 26 years...we are trained to be Narcs...it's an important part of the borg....and being a witness...that's one reason I'll never go back...

There was an incidence once yrs back at my hall, we were in a split congregation and an elders son on the other side had slipped an elders daughter a finger. Everyone in their early 20's that knew that brother was ordered to be at the hall after the other congregation had finished their meeting. We weren't told why or that anyone else had been told either so we all turned up like little lambs to the slaughter. Then we had to go into the library one by one to blab on the "naughty" brother while his dad sat there. Once we'd blabbed we then had to leave the hall without speaking to anyone else there... It wasn't very pleasant.

• FairMind
    FairMind
    Lesson learned: Don't put anything on the Internet that you don't want someone or anyone to see or read

Either that or make sure you don't get caught!

• KW13
    KW13

Ah damn thats not fair play by them, i am really sorry man!

• lilvette
    lilvette

Anything you put in the internet stays there and is public information. If you are worried about being outed or about the possibility of skeletons in your closet being broadcast, do not put it on the internet. This includes your picture!

• jgnat
    jgnat
    But that is the organization for you. Tons of drama.

Ain't that the truth!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I really feel for you unique 1, that was a very mean thing to do by those elders, and I bet they feel really proud of themselves as well, having done their duty, or at least what they percieve to be their duty.

Reading stuff like this makes me even more glad I escaped all that crap.

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

Those stupid elders don't even follow their own advice. I would just post a blog or send them a letter that says "WWJD?"

• ballistic
    ballistic

What are those elders doing surfing the net? Don't they know it's the work of the Debil?

I mean, what if they "stumbled" onto one of those "apostate" sites that I've heard about, or god forbid, they might even accidently stumble on some rude naughty pictures. Apparently they just pop up on their own when you are on line. Could be so dangerous.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Good grief.

I remember around the time I converted, I came across some Apostateā„¢ literature that, among other things, stated that Witnesses spied on each other and that the elders were like police. I hadn't really gotten a glimpse of the inner workings of a JW cong yet, so I thought the statements were ridiculous. But they were all too true, and only becoming more so as time goes by it seems.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit