The warnings were TRUE

by unique1 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

((( unique1 )))

Sorry to have come across so harsh.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Nevermind R6laser. I think that style of "encouragement" is called rubbing salt in the wound. I get your point. Your parents would NEVER HAVE SEEN YOUR BLOG if a busybody hadn't pointed out it was there.

Nevertheless, your experience is good to keep in mind for all posters out there. Your words are public.

• damselfly
    damselfly

The only thing you are "guilty" of ( sorry bad word I know ) is telling the truth.

Not really something you should have to defend in my opinion. I'm sure you realized at some level that putting things on a public space could come back to bite you in the butt. We are all running the same risk here by posting on this forum.

It hurts to be ratted out, I was many, many, many times ( slow learner or stubborn? )

I am sorry that this information was passed on and you have been hurt by it ((((unique1))))

Dams

• unique1
    unique1

Elsewhere it wasn't you. Your post was honest not harsh.

R6 was harsh and unnecessary considering I had just admitted it was my fault.

I am just a little edgy these days. Taking everything personal I guess.

To all of you who have been supportive. THANK YOU!!!

• Scully
    Scully

The JWs are not the only ones doing this kind of thing.

There was a report on the radio last night about potential employers starting to use blog searches as part of the background check process for potential employees. So if you have anything potentially "incriminating" on a blog, and you make it public, it could cost you a great job.

This was one of the reasons why I never wanted to do a personal blog in the first place. It's like letting the whole world read your diary.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

unique1, I think what happens sometimes is that some posts are made before ALL the threads have been read.

Perhaps someone has just scanned through a handful of posts and replied on that basis.

I guess the rule is; 'get in first or read all the comments'I've learned that I need to be much more careful about how I phrase things here because of the lack of all the visual and aural cues.

Best wishes, Pete

• Forscher
    Forscher

Greetings Unique!
    Life has a steep learning curve. We all encounter unintended consequences on our journey. I won't repeat the old saying about it since it is a bit insulting. Just get back on the journey and learn from the experience. Nice to have you around.
    Forscher

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Sorry that the elders put you through this. They're a sorry lot, that bunch!

I have found it to be fairly easy to blog anonymously.

Don't let this experience discourage you, Unique1. You should continue to share your experiences about the borg; flog the borg with blogs.

Every ounce of truth about the false and unloving Jehovah's Witnesses should be shared. Good luck moving on!

• LuckyNun
    LuckyNun

so, are you still on MySpace? I need more JWD friends!!

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

U1, Sorry you're going through this.

so, are you still on MySpace? I need more JWD friends!!

So do I. I didn't even know about myspace until the posts here. I've become a bit addicted to it. Now, when I get up, I go to JWD and myspace before breakfast.

CountryGuy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit