The warnings were TRUE

by unique1 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    read all the mean things I had to say about them and their religion and were very hurt. It made me feel really bad. Now I feel I have no freedom of expression. IT SUCKS!!!

You have to admit that this is your fault. Never never never never put ANYTHING on the internet that you don't want published on the front page of ever news paper in the world.

I'm always amazed at how open people are in their blog posts. They tell the whole world things they would never tell their best friend... they forget that their best friend might be reading the posts.

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

How completely malicious of them to show this stuff to your parents.... but typical. I think they thrive on pouring salt into wounds.

I'm completely convinced that more often then not Elders are overgrown children. The bullying kind.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Oh NOES!! 11!!!1!!!! ELEVENTY ONE!!!!!11!!!1

Now even school janitors, window washers and carpet cleaners (AKA the Leaders of the JW religion) have learned to use the Intra-Webs.

Yes they are like small children who were bullied all their youth and now it's their turn to inflict as much damage as possible.

Ignore them like the day laborers they are!

• DigitalFokus
    DigitalFokus

Misteramoes: you use of daylaborers negative way is a wee bit narrowminded of you. I will have to agree that dubs elders and the like are bullying, sneaky and unloving bastards but to use bluecollar workingers in a negative way can be offending to others. Most of my family are blue collar workers does that make them less repsectful or somthing?

you should post any elders email. then we could witness to them on how full of shit their cult is.

• unique1
    unique1

You guys are right. It was my fault for putting it out there and being open about myself. The only people I knew were my non-witness friends. It was nice to hear the feedback on what I was going from non-witnesses. Their viewpoint is so refreshing.

I will state for those who so obviously pointed out my wrong, that I did not post this to gain sympathy. I posted this because of the other myspace posts that were on here a few weeks ago. There have been two or three threads about elders getting some mysterious letter telling them to look for members on myspace. We all scoffed. Although this supposed letter is not true, that doesn't mean you are safe from other JW's who may be young and into myspace. I merely put this up for warning purposes only. If we can't learn from mistakes, when will we learn? Don't make the same mistake as me!! That is all I am trying to say.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes, unique1, don't worry about it. Ain't it fun being used as a "bad example"? I hope you are able to undo the rift the elders have tried to put between you and your parents. Are you aware of other JW posters on myspace who might be targetted? You might want to send them a message at their Myspace account.

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

Sorry to say this, but this was all your fault. Why blame someone for reading a post on the internet that you actually made public. You don't have to be a JW to know how stupid this is. Anyone out there with senses would see how dumb this was. If you don't want your stuff to be read by people who have no access than make it private access only.

• unique1
    unique1

What part of I know it was my fault DO YOU NOT GET?!?!

I said I just wanted to share so others could learn from my mistakes. Usually this is a supportive board, but you guys are attacking me for no reason.

• TheListener
    TheListener

He Unique1, don't let it get you down. We all make mistakes. You'll move one and surivive. I've made some really bad choices in my lifetime. But, I keep plugging along doing the best I know how.

I'm truly sorry that you are going through this. It's unfortunate that we were a part of a religion that uses police state tactics.

Good luck with all you're going through now. I'll keep you in my prayers.

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

I just noticed that one of the big JW MySpace groups has disappeared. It was called, JWs Lights of the World, or something like that. I wonder what happened.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit