Dick Cheney involved in a shooting

by IP_SEC 40 Replies latest social entertainment

• beksbks
    beksbks

If he dies, what happens to Chene?? Or what would happen to uh...........Joe Sixpak?

• Buster
    Buster

A changing story is at least disconcerting. More likely, it is a sign that the original story is a lie.

And now I don't believe the story. Of course anything is possible, but a #7-1/2 shot at 30 yards should not penentrate clothing, skin, and muscle with enough momemtum to get to the heart.

(And more sadly, the story is not as funny as it was.)

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

I'm sorry but, I had to laugh when I read that the guy Cheney shot was a lawyer.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

From the perspective of the wounded man and his family this is not very funny at all.

Unfortunately, they are going to have to endure a lot of laughing about this because the rest of the world thinks that from another perspective it is hilarious.

Jon Stewart and the Daily Show news team blew this one WIDE OPEN. I loved Ed Helms report from the hospital, "Once again, the Vice-President, Dick Cheney, has shot a man in, what can only be described as, his face."

I also thoroughly enjoyed Rob Corddry's analysis as the "Senior Vice-Presidential Firearm Mishap Analyst," finishing with the birds cooing at "the fact that we are airing our plans to come and hunt them on public television" and that the birds have won a round today.

Also, they didn't pass up the opportunity to remind everyone that this is the first time since Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton that a sitting Vice-President has shot someone—and that was a duel over a question of honor, this was a "drive-up quail shoot."

AuldSoul

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh
    I just got a Baretta Neo for my birthday. ; A .22 handgun with a rifle conversion kit. ; Very cool. ; Haven't taken it out yet.

Did you build your own on line and customize the grips, barrel, slide, sites.....etc....? I was just looking at one of those the other day.

Do you really think that DC will be convicted of manslaughter if any thing happens to this poor old man? Ever hear of presidential pardons? Meanwhile as an Ohioan, I have to do gymnastic leaps through flaming rings of red tape and bureaucracy to get a concealed carry license. Something is seriously wrong with this picture.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Most disturbing but not surprising to me was the waiting of 21 hours before releasing it to the media and Mr. Darth Cheney's waiting 15 hours before he would talk to law enforcement. Sounds to me like someone had a bit too much to drink. I did hear a statistic today that most hunting accidents where another hunter is shot are caused by alcohol consumption so it wouldn't be too far of a stretch. Remember when ole Dead-Eye was making fun of John Kerry for hunting geese or ducks back in 2004?

Sherry

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Gretchen, I take offence to your knick name for the VP. A Sith lord is evil to the core. They use their power only for themselves. Oh, wait a minute…..never mind.

• jojochan
    jojochan

Well... and he still has hell to look forward to.

jojochan.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Mary Jo Kopechne.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Needless to say (he said, saying it), the satire community has been bowing toward Texas with reverent thanks for the fodder Mr. Cheney has so bountifully provided. Please enjoy the work of these writers at http://www.humorfeed.com/

My own attempt is "Quail Tragedy Narrowly Averted Due to Quick Thinking Lawyer", you can see it linked on the page above.

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit