Their "BIG" news 'KNOCKING' documentary

by DannyHaszard 125 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• carla
    carla

Your own literature says it is not persecution to let others know about false religions. Why are you so unaware of your own literature? Your policy on pedophile is enough to turn most people's stomache, that alone keeps most people leery to the jw's, as they should be. If you do nothing to change the disgusting policy yourself then you must agree with it.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

There are hundreds of active JW sites,blogs and pages that have been linked to knocking.org for some time this is compelling prima facie evidence that it's a pro watchtower cult puff piece.

So i will treat it accordingly.-Danny Haszard

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Carla said ***"Your own literature says it is not persecution to let others know about false religions. Why are you so unaware of your own literature?"

I think it should be asked of Pixie person...why are your "spiritual leaders" so very AWARE of their past literature---that it must attempt to hide and suppress what they wrote and clamed was "from GOD"?

To try and sue someone for merely printing what THEY TAUGHT AS TRUTH....speaks volumes about the crediblity and honesty of the WTS. They stink and IT stinks....IF ya get my drift.

Carla then said***Your policy on pedophile is enough to turn most people's stomache, that alone keeps most people leery to the jw's, as they should be. If you do nothing to change the disgusting policy yourself then you must agree with it.

Nahhh, the sleazy slimy subhuman worms of the WTS cult have been able to hide their sins quite nicely what with all their trickster and shyster lawyers and weasel-word policies. The DO NOT WANT to change, much less stand accountable for all the steaming piles of dung they have hidden under those lovely rugs at Brooklyn HQs.

They are ENJOYING putting things over on the unsuspecting sheep that volunteer everything they HAVE to their most despicable and idolized "spiritual leaders".

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Persistence pays for Saginawian in 'Knocking'
    The Saginaw News, MI - 12 minutes ago
    ... minute film, "Knocking.". It's about the Jehovah's Witnesses and the group's surprising and untold role in American society. "I wanted ...

Saturday, March 18, 2006 JANET I. MARTINEAU THE SAGINAW NEWS It was his upbringing in Saginaw, says Joel P. Engardio, that made him tough enough to become an award-winning journalist whose first documentary is playing film festivals and soon will air on a nationwide PBS series. "My mom took me door-to-door throughout Saginaw and that made me tough, having doors slammed in your face time after time, and having people siccing dogs on you," explains the 33-year-old, who lives in San Francisco. In fact, that evolved into the name of his 63-minute film, "Knocking It's about the Jehovah's Witnesses and the group's surprising and untold role in American society. "I wanted to tell a story about how fundamentalist religion and civic society can peacefully co-exist," says Engardio, a 1990 Arthur Hill High School graduate, "and maybe even benefit from each other. "America was founded on freedom of religion, yet that is what divides us the most right now. I wanted to make a difference about that. I wanted to raise awareness." Engardio's mother, you see, was a Jehovah's Witness in a family of Roman Catholics and she took her son along with her knocking on doors to spread the word. He went, he says, but never joined that religion. What he did do was gather respect for its practices by seeing them in a different light, in the process gathering material for what became "Knocking." Friday at 7 p.m. it plays the East Lansing Film Festival on the campus of Michigan State University, its third such event with a fourth booked next month. And somewhere between October and next April it will air nationwide on PBS' "Independent Lens" series. His mother, Mary Engardio, still lives in Saginaw, along with 92-year-old grandmother Eunice Engardio, both in Saginaw Township. Engardio is both a print and film journalist. He worked as an associate producer for ABC News and its "20/20" and "Turning Point" newsmagazines and has written for the Los Angeles Times, the New York Times, Newsweek and the Boston Globe. Back in high school he covered sports for The Saginaw News, and went on to get his journalism "I applied four times to get a grant from PBS to make 'Knocking' and was turned down three times. I was always a finalist, so I never gave up." The fourth time was the charm, and he was awarded the grant in August 2004 and then spent a year and a half making and helping to edit "Knocking." He served as the co-director, wrote the script and narrates it. Getting the grant means all the various PBS series then take a look at the finished product and decide where it fits best among the network's many shows. "Independent Lens" picked it. In the meantime, he says, "Knocking" is allowed to play the film festival circuit. At the first two stops, he says, in Reno and Cleveland, it was well received and played more than it was scheduled. Engardio calls Jehovah's Witnesses and the members' practice of knocking on doors "a necessary annoyance of a free society" and his film documents the surprising civil liberty role the sect has played in shaping our free society. Its members have gone before the U.S. Supreme Court 46 times -- more than any other group. They may not vote or fight or pledge allegiance to the flag, but they do litigate. Engardio tells his story through two American citizens -- Joseph Kempler, a Polish-born Jewish Holocaust survivor who converted to the faith when he saw Jehovah's Witnesses become martyrs as they spoke out against Hitler and went to their deaths willingly in concentration camps, and 23-year-old Seth Thomas of Texas, who needs a liver transplant to survive and who challenges and helps change the medical community when he insists on bloodless surgery. Engardio met Kempler when he worked for ABC's "Turning Point" and kept him in mind. He went in search of Thomas by calling every medical complex he could think of until he found the perfect patient. "And we filmed the surgery not knowing if he would survive it or not. We were going to tell the story no matter the outcome. Finding him was a case of old-fashioned reporting; using up a lot of shoe leather to cover the organ transplant field at a frontier point on bloodless surgery

"I selected compelling people to tell this story, and we even went to Europe with Kempler and his two families, one Jewish and the other Jehovah's Witness." All told, Engardio and his crew shot 200 hours of film "so obviously a lot of what we shot did not make it, and that is the wonder of DVDs. The DVD version of this is done and contains three more hours of material -- what I call expert interviews with civil liberty lawyers, medical ethicists, rabbis. There's even a nine-minute short film in it about a 2002 Supreme Court case in Ohio." It is Engardio's hope that DVD will play classrooms and community screenings wherever it can, maybe in 20-minute segments, and spur discussions about its content. "I like to attend those screenings, too, and do questions and answers. This is a film that can affect doctors and teachers. Every teacher has a Jehovah's Witness kid in class. And beyond the PBS airing I hope it finds a life internationally." Jehovah's Witness members are banned in 28 countries, his documentary notes. "What I like is that at the film festivals where it has played so far, both sides seem to like it -- the Jehovah's Witnesses who come and the skeptical people. So that must mean I did a fair piece that does not promote or denigrate the religion." For more information on the East Lansing Film Festival, go to www.elff.com For more on "Knocking" go to www.knocking.org

--------- Remember-You just can't fool all the people all the time,you can only fool all of the people some of the time,or some of the people all of the time.Danny Haszard-'expert witness on the Jehovah Witness'

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

The Saginaw News, MI - 12 minutes ago
    ... minute film, "Knocking.". It's about the Jehovah's Witnesses and the group's surprising and untold role in American society. "I wanted ...

Saturday, March 18, 2006 JANET I. MARTINEAU THE SAGINAW NEWS It was his upbringing in Saginaw, says Joel P. Engardio, that made him tough enough to become an award-winning journalist whose first documentary is playing film festivals and soon will air on a nationwide PBS series. "My mom took me door-to-door throughout Saginaw and that made me tough, having doors slammed in your face time after time, and having people siccing dogs on you," explains the 33-year-old, who lives in San Francisco. In fact, that evolved into the name of his 63-minute film, "Knocking It's about the Jehovah's Witnesses and the group's surprising and untold role in American society. "I wanted to tell a story about how fundamentalist religion and civic society can peacefully co-exist," says Engardio, a 1990 Arthur Hill High School graduate, "and maybe even benefit from each other. "America was founded on freedom of religion, yet that is what divides us the most right now. I wanted to make a difference about that. I wanted to raise awareness." Engardio's mother, you see, was a Jehovah's Witness in a family of Roman Catholics and she took her son along with her knocking on doors to spread the word. He went, he says, but never joined that religion. What he did do was gather respect for its practices by seeing them in a different light, in the process gathering material for what became "Knocking." Friday at 7 p.m. it plays the East Lansing Film Festival on the campus of Michigan State University, its third such event with a fourth booked next month. And somewhere between October and next April it will air nationwide on PBS' "Independent Lens" series. His mother, Mary Engardio, still lives in Saginaw, along with 92-year-old grandmother Eunice Engardio, both in Saginaw Township. Engardio is both a print and film journalist. He worked as an associate producer for ABC News and its "20/20" and "Turning Point" newsmagazines and has written for the Los Angeles Times, the New York Times, Newsweek and the Boston Globe. Back in high school he covered sports for The Saginaw News, and went on to get his journalism "I applied four times to get a grant from PBS to make 'Knocking' and was turned down three times. I was always a finalist, so I never gave up." The fourth time was the charm, and he was awarded the grant in August 2004 and then spent a year and a half making and helping to edit "Knocking." He served as the co-director, wrote the script and narrates it. Getting the grant means all the various PBS series then take a look at the finished product and decide where it fits best among the network's many shows. "Independent Lens" picked it. In the meantime, he says, "Knocking" is allowed to play the film festival circuit. At the first two stops, he says, in Reno and Cleveland, it was well received and played more than it was scheduled. Engardio calls Jehovah's Witnesses and the members' practice of knocking on doors "a necessary annoyance of a free society" and his film documents the surprising civil liberty role the sect has played in shaping our free society. Its members have gone before the U.S. Supreme Court 46 times -- more than any other group. They may not vote or fight or pledge allegiance to the flag, but they do litigate. Engardio tells his story through two American citizens -- Joseph Kempler, a Polish-born Jewish Holocaust survivor who converted to the faith when he saw Jehovah's Witnesses become martyrs as they spoke out against Hitler and went to their deaths willingly in concentration camps, and 23-year-old Seth Thomas of Texas, who needs a liver transplant to survive and who challenges and helps change the medical community when he insists on bloodless surgery. Engardio met Kempler when he worked for ABC's "Turning Point" and kept him in mind. He went in search of Thomas by calling every medical complex he could think of until he found the perfect patient. "And we filmed the surgery not knowing if he would survive it or not. We were going to tell the story no matter the outcome. Finding him was a case of old-fashioned reporting; using up a lot of shoe leather to cover the organ transplant field at a frontier point on bloodless surgery

"I selected compelling people to tell this story, and we even went to Europe with Kempler and his two families, one Jewish and the other Jehovah's Witness." All told, Engardio and his crew shot 200 hours of film "so obviously a lot of what we shot did not make it, and that is the wonder of DVDs. The DVD version of this is done and contains three more hours of material -- what I call expert interviews with civil liberty lawyers, medical ethicists, rabbis. There's even a nine-minute short film in it about a 2002 Supreme Court case in Ohio." It is Engardio's hope that DVD will play classrooms and community screenings wherever it can, maybe in 20-minute segments, and spur discussions about its content. "I like to attend those screenings, too, and do questions and answers. This is a film that can affect doctors and teachers. Every teacher has a Jehovah's Witness kid in class. And beyond the PBS airing I hope it finds a life internationally." Jehovah's Witness members are banned in 28 countries, his documentary notes. "What I like is that at the film festivals where it has played so far, both sides seem to like it -- the Jehovah's Witnesses who come and the skeptical people. So that must mean I did a fair piece that does not promote or denigrate the religion." For more information on the East Lansing Film Festival, go to www.elff.com For more on "Knocking" go to www.knocking.org

--------- Remember-You just can't fool all the people all the time,you can only fool all of the people some of the time,or some of the people all of the time.Danny Haszard-'expert witness on the Jehovah Witness'

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    WE ARE INDEPENDENT

film, either on camera or behind the scenes, has done so by their own

personal choice. There is no official connection to the Watchtower Society, though the Bethel organization in Brooklyn, Patterson and Wallkill,

New York has been cooperative with the producers of this film. We interviewed Watchtower representatives on camera and filmed inside Bethel.

Watchtower has no financial ties to this project, nor any editorial

control. It is important to know that this project is independently

produced for public television, using a combination of public, foundation and

individual funds. No one on the production staff is a Jehovah's

Witness. The director's mother, however, is a Witness. And we do have

Jehovah's Witnesses who are serving as consultants for factual accuracy. We

also have academic, historical and medical consultants who are experts in

their field but not Jehovah's Witnesses.

Earlier disclaimer

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

M live Mich newspaper contact form http://www.mlive.com/contactus/ Remember this,no matter how much Watchtower cult followers lie,connive and endeavor to 'put themselves in a good light' they will still all grow old and die (unsaved?)

Notice:all Jehovah's Witnesses who have already died are all still dead

• moshe
    moshe

Danny I just posted this reply to your forum topic in the Saginaw paper. Mine was the #1 reply-

I agree with Danny. I spent 16 years as a Jehovah's Witness,and I had many leadership positions in the Kingdom Hall. Personally, it was not a happy time for my family and differences in opinion on JW doctrine led to my wife divorcing me after I resigned from the Watchtower oraganiztion. I was not willing to abide by the Watchtower's ban on blood transfusions. If my children needed a transfusion to save their life ,I was willing to sign for it. My wife disagreed and was willing to let them die, rather than receive a blood transfusion. It would not be an exaggeration to say that thousands of children have died because of this confused teaching. Jehovah's Witnesses used to ban organ transplants ,too until 25 years ago. Many Witnesses died for lack of ,say a kidney transplant because of that dogma. AND when they reversed their ban on organ transplants, they never said "we're sorry" to all the families who lost a loved on due to the Watchtower ban on organ transplants. Beware- Watchtower teachings can result in your premature death!
    My own children for many years were taught to view their father as evil and worthy of death. Today, my ex-wife and children have all abandoned the teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses. Anyone who spends 30 minutes talking to a former member of Jehovah's witnesses will find out the real story. I have no agenda to convert anyone, I'm Jewish today , I just don't want any family to be tricked by Jehovah's Witnesses. The world's biggest oxymoron is -"Jehovahs Witness Truth"!

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

Don't be fooled by Watchtower apologists in disguise, this is a real threat. Remember we are in an information warfare campaign with the WTS. This is clearly an attempt by the JW's to use an outsider they have influence over to put out a piece of their own propaganda crap to soften public perception of them to increase their ministry effort and enslave more minds. This is theocratic warfare at it’s best, note that if the WTS does indeed have finical ties or other interests in investing in this film they are NOT directly responsible for any lies that may be in the description of the film as they are put there by a non-JW! I would not be suprised if after this film is released that the film maker recieves a (pre??) gaurenteed order from the WTS to supply all the congregations with. The mere fact that its being prepared in other languages show the producer knows he has a prearanged market for them. This must be faught!

NO GOOD CAN COME FROM THIS FILM! EVEN THE DISCRIPTION IS MISLEADING AND HARMFUL!

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    Danny I just posted this reply to your forum topic in the Saginaw paper

Your my kind of activist!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit