Their "BIG" news 'KNOCKING' documentary

by DannyHaszard 125 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Zapper_1
    Zapper_1

"Thank you for informing me about the upcoming showing of "Knocking" on PBS. I look forward to this documentary's exploration of Jehovah's Witnesses policies about Shunning and the destruction of families, child molestation and abuse, and doctrinal reversals. It will also be valuable when the checkered history of Jehovah's Witnesses is discussed, especially during the Rutherford era.

Please feel free provide me with more information on this program in order that I might watch it as an informed viewer. Thank you."

It will be interesting to see what kind of answer, if any, that I'll receive.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

If "a number of Witnesses" have already seen the film, it is a safe bet that he is working VERY intimately with the GB on this (whether he knows it or not) and that his "documentary" is nothing more than pro-JW infomercial with a little skewed human-interest history tossed in for good measure.

Dishonesty is sure to abound, intellectually and otherwise.

Damnit.

AuldSoul

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

From the Knocking newsletter promo:

"Or if you live in a university town, ask the dean of the history, religion, sociology, law or medical school departments to host a screening."

How about those of us who do live in such university towns, where showings of "Knocking" are planned, contact these same professors and insist they give equal time to ex-JWs, especially those "disfellowshipped" and/or labelled apostate, and to the non-JW relatives who have been negatively affected by the conversions of their loved ones?

How about we schedule discussions and debates after each showing and discuss issues such as the JW's UN membership; child molestation and wife-battering cases; other forms of child abuse; control tactics typically used by cults; how cults are identified; the use of HLCs by the WBTS; wrongful death suits against them; and misrepresentation of medical facts by the WBTS?

After all, turnabout is fair play. If they want publicity, they'll get it, don't you think?

BTW, don't you think there will be plenty of current JWs attending the screenings? And probably not many people from the general public are going to be there? What better opportunity to plant the seeds of doubt than in such a public forum?

• Odrade
    Odrade

Excellent idea Madame Q. I think stillA's idea to see if any film students would do a piece on the other side is also an excellent idea. If it is professional enough, there are probably plenty of ex-JWs who would like to see it played/discussed in the religion and philosophy departments of their own Universities.
    As far as OROBORUS, I believe his credentials have been dug up, and he really is a lawyer, (and a mail-order bride dealer.) What I find a great deal more telling regarding his personal bias is what he says himself in his profile here on JWD. It is his stated purpose that he intends to contribute to revolutionizing the present Organization and the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses. He is clearly invested in seeing it survive and thrive, with a few (minor?) changes, so it is in his interest to marginalize any complaint about the WTS so as to mitigate damage done by "opposers" who wish to expose the truth about the WTS and its deadly policies.
    The bottom line is that Oroborus is actively working against any efforts we might make to rescue our loved ones OUT OF THE WTS because he wants to see the Organization survive and thrive. He constantly undermines by claiming that his view is one of logic, balance, reason and legality, when in fact he has his head stuck in the sand, and is fighting against bringing facts to light about the real damage and culpability of the WTS for their actions. A piece like Mr. Engardio's plays right into that stated purpose as it personalizes the religion. It's much harder to see the evils of a giant corporation if you can put a familial face on it. If people at the doors see JWs as individuals rather than JWs, it makes the conversion process much easier. And I get the impression that Oroborus WANTS people to find their way INTO the WT, rather than away from it.
    I personally find this far more offensive than the occasional troll who shows up here and says "you're wrong, Jehovah's going to destroy all the apostates!"

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

if you live in a university town, ask the dean of the history, religion, sociology, law or medical school departments to host a screening."

NO WAY!!!! If I even find out they would hold such a screening at my school I will make sure I get in contact with every ex-DUB in the state of Georgia to speak against it.

• Death to the Pixies
    Death to the Pixies

You guys are pathetic.

• Death to the Pixies
    Death to the Pixies

<<<I agree with Danny and only question your credibility>>

You are going to agree with Danny and THEN question someone elses credibility. A documentary should not be causing this much disturbance in your life... Maybe you should sit a few plays out in regards to this religion, maybe relax a bit.

No-one, ever, should agree with one of Dannys viewpoints....

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

This stalking JW apologist troll has searched through thousands of post,articles and threads relevant to Danny Haszard (elsewhere on the web as well) to find one that hints of a critique so he/she can seize on it.

Danny Haszard should not be causing this much disturbance in your life...
  • Death to the Pixies
    Death to the Pixies
    Danny Haszard should not be causing this much disturbance in your life...

Hey, He has a sense of humour.... Probably closer to 5 than to 1000-s, and as far as "stalking", well I was just curious about your racist views :>) Wanted an answer...

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Why? Because you say so? And who are you? And why should anyone give a flying fuck for your worthless opinion on any subject?

Danny has established a fine track record, while you are less than nothing.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit