Their "BIG" news 'KNOCKING' documentary

by DannyHaszard 125 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• moshe
    moshe

Why? Because you say so? And who are you? - hmm,I wonder, too ,mr pixies

What we really want to hear from you is what it's like to live in a disfunctional JW family- you have a brother and sister who are by your own admission are messed up. JW's just can't seem to admit that the WT might have caused some problems in their life. It can all start with an honest admission of "I'm not happy". I have asked many JW's that question "are you happy" and after the say -yes or sure- I ask -"when are you going to stop lying?". The reason I mention this ,is a householder asked me that very question over 25 years ago. I kept asking myself why I was lying to everyone around me- G-d sure knew I was living a lie. I didn't know it then, but I had already started on the path out of the JW's as soon as I admitted to myself that, "I was not happy being a JW".

I would not be surprised if their are now more ex-JW's than JW's in good standing (and with a new rule tomorrow from the Go verninbg Body you can summarily be placed in the bad standing category). A thinking person should start to notice that a awful lot of passengers are bailing off the SS Watchtower- maybe you need to look a little more carefully and you will see that the ship is taking on water fast. Throwing JW's (disfellowshipping/shunning) off the boat might help you avoid seeing the gapping hole in this rotten boat, but it's still going down- last call for a lifeboat-any takers?

peace,

Moshe

-jumped ship in 1988

• Death to the Pixies
    Death to the Pixies

<<<What we really want to hear from you is what it's like to live in a disfunctional JW family- you have a brother and sister who are by your own admission are messed up. JW's just can't seem to admit that the WT might have caused some problems in their life. It can all start with an honest admission of "I'm not happy". I have asked many JW's that question "are you happy" and after the say -yes or sure- I ask -"when are you going to stop lying?". The reason I mention this ,is a householder asked me that very question over 25 years ago. I kept asking myself why I was lying to everyone around me- G-d sure knew I was living a lie. I didn't know it then, but I had already started on the path out of the JW's as soon as I admitted to myself that, "I was not happy being a JW".>>>

Reply:Well since you ask, they were non-JW related reasons why certain members of my immediate family have/had problems. Both parents had passed by the time I was 18...My brother and sister were both out on their own when this happened. They kinda went buck-wild a bit. I was lucky enough to catch on with a JW family and it helped out a great deal. "Dysfunctional"? from my perspective I think it is time to admit that many people have had a hand in their own dysfunction and not look for the scapegoat. Some people, in all walks of life, simply cannot avoid dysfunction. It is a part of life. The way you heal yourself is by taking responsibility and correcting it.

I guess JWs could be the un-loving dangerous cult as portrayed by certain admittedly "dysfunctional" ones, but as we see from those who have investigated apart from the dissenters, like in "Knocking", that is not the viewpoint they apparently walked away with. But we should suppress this view? Right? Speak against it, without really even knowing how "Knocking" handles the situation; for it is impossible to do a piece on JWs and come away with a positive view? He did not do a good enough job, this skilled, Non-JW educated film-maker. We should take the opinion of unhappy dysfunctional critics (like the superbly elegent Danny Haszard) who speak out before even hearing the piece..? Are we (metaphorically speaking of course,) "Disfellowshipping" this work before even a Judical Committee is held? Tsk..Tsk..

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    You guys are pathetic.

So saith the JW apologist

So, Death to the Pixies, I have a few questions for you whenever you feel up to answering them Scripturally.

Death to the Pixies: A few questions, just for you...

Here's a thread all our own.

Curiously,
    AuldSoul

• moshe
    moshe

I guess it's all in the "eye of the beholder"-right? Take our President Bush here in the USA- when I look at his face and watch him on TV, I see an evasive individual- he has a certain 'shifty' look to me, I don't trust him! Other people see a great President. The only thing that matters is what history says about him in 20-40 years, history will prove to us if he was a great -or one of the worst Presidents .Can we not use history to see if the Watchtower Society has been a great religion , or one of the worst? Those of us on this discussion board who are former members of Jehovah's Witneses have done this and found the Watchtower society to fall into the 'worst' category. Living in the present will not reveal the truth about this organiztion. You are ,too close to just one page of history- you need to step way-way back, Mr. Pixie, to see whole story about the Watchtower Society.

good luck,

Moshe

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    that is not the viewpoint they apparently walked away with.

What part of "I was never baptized as one of Jehovah's Witnesses" didn't you understand? The KNOCKING documentarian was never a JW and did not COLLECT or INCLUDE the persepctives of ex-JWs of any stripe. His mother was a JW. He could not have possibly included ex-JW testimonials and received support of even the barest variety from the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. He admitted to having such nominal support.

Who in the film "walked away" from being a Witness, Death to the Pixies? Which person? Of course the views of those who ARE STILL IN are favorably expressed, otherwise they could be disfellowshipped after the piece airs. What would you expect the answers of active, practicing cultists would sound like?

Curiously,
    AuldSoul

• Death to the Pixies
    Death to the Pixies

<<<Who in the film "walked away" from being a Witness, Death to the Pixies? Which person? Of course the views of those who ARE STILL IN are favorably expressed, otherwise they could be disfellowshipped after the piece airs. What would you expect the answers of active, practicing cultists would sound like?>>>>

Reply: So confrontational. You do not need X-JWs to give a balanced perspective in a documentary.. . The Producer can study the issues himself and weave a fair piece. Relax, you have not seen the movie bro, wait, then discuss. Until this happens you are only proving the point often made against X-Jws.

I do think the pre-emptive uproar is classic.

• Death to the Pixies
    Death to the Pixies

<<<guess it's all in the "eye of the beholder"-right? Take our President Bush here in the USA- when I look at his face and watch him on TV, I see an evasive individual- he has a certain 'shifty' look to me, I don't trust him! Other people see a great President. The only thing that matters is what history says about him in 20-40 years, history will prove to us if he was a great -or one of the worst Presidents .Can we not use history to see if the Watchtower Society has been a great religion , or one of the worst? Those of us on this discussion board who are former members of Jehovah's Witneses have done this and found the Watchtower society to fall into the 'worst' category. Living in the present will not reveal the truth about this organiztion. You are ,too close to just one page of history- you need to step way-way back, Mr. Pixie, to see whole story about the Watchtower Society.

good luck, >>>

Reply: That is fair enough, I had my non_Jw phase as I did not get baptized til recently. I know both worlds, and I know that the JW faith is not the hate-filled destructive cult portrayed here. I believe it is this consistent over-drma that turns people off. Can you really say you guys can give a fair piece about Jws in any setting, taking all sides into account? I say no, I believe Joel can given his distance from the faith. With the spotlight on you, you fellas just may explode in anticipation :>)

• carla
    carla

We can still make a difference, write letters to PBS and ask them not to air this propaganda. Write your local PBS and tell them you will not donate or buy from their auction if they show such biased material. Write to government official who want to keep supporting PBS with public funds. The SE WI auction will be coming this spring, those in this area can make your voice heard with letters, phone calls, and NOT purchasing from the auction. Continue to 'place' your anti witness literature. It doesn't take anytime at all to do. Even a few a week could make a difference.

• Death to the Pixies
    Death to the Pixies

Carla sums up and validates every point made.

• IMustBreakAway
    IMustBreakAway

Has anyone talked to anyone that has actually seen it? I ask because i have university friends, and i know some jw's that have been anxiously awaiting this. Yet no one has seen it yet. Wouldn't it be funny if the producer hypes this up gets everyone to buy it and it turns out to be a bit of "apostate" propaganda?? Just considering all the good dub rules he has broken..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit