Their "BIG" news 'KNOCKING' documentary

by DannyHaszard 125 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Kaput
    Kaput
    the best strategy would be to ignore it completely

Like the JWs do with apostates. Hmmmmm. I guess turnabout is fair play. Let's see if that works.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    You are all no better because just as JWs do not permit certain speech and try to place a chilling effect upon certain speech - all of you that have posted in this thread advocating a prior-restraint or speaking out against this movie are doing exactly the same thing that the Society does.

What`s wrong with speaking out against a movie? Isn`t that called...freedom of speech? Noone have said that there should be an attempt at stopping the movie, legally, have they? So, if any "apostate" goes around to the TV-networks, and says "we have heard that you are about to air Knocking. We in the ex-JW-community feels that this movie is misleading and misrepresents the organisation of the Jehovahs witnesses. Would you be interested in hearing more on our views on this matter? Perhaps an interview with some ex-JWs, to be aired also on your network, would help balance out this whole thing?"

Now, what`s wrong with that? I thought it was called freedom of speech.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

My purpose in e mailing pbs is not to stop this so called documentary. It is to make the people that run pbs aware that there is another side to this cult. That there are many that were hurt by this cult.

That there is a great number of people who are not being represented in "Knocking".

That this "knocking" is an attempt to "use" pbs to run a program that supports a particular cult masquerading as a christian religion.

About premature action (o so boring), being frowned on in this democracy, check out the republicans and the democrats.

Democracy actually favours any kind of action that is legal to get ones opinions across the earlier the better.

Outoftheorg

• sf
  • one
    one

ignore "knocking"?

the guy pre-announced the event giving a lot of questionable details... either he ignores other details about the WT or is plain decptive.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt, providing him with some hard facts wont hurt. He obviously is DETEMINED to produce the show.

It seem that the real purpose of informing him is not to stop the production of the shwo but for him to produce a more 'balanced' informative 'show'

If he ignores the hard facts in his tv production, then you know for sure who you are dealing with.

THEN any critics, after airing the "show", wil carry more weight and will provide 'evidence' as to where the credibility finger should be pointing to. As he 'knew or should have kown' the whole story..

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Keep in mind that every Jehovah's Witness who has contributed to this

film, either on camera or behind the scenes, has done so by their own

personal choice. There is no official connection to the Watchtower

Society, though the Bethel organization in Brooklyn, Patterson and Wallkill,

New York has been cooperative with the producers of this film.

This is totally against Society's rules! Absolutely in no way possible would the Society allow any of the DUBS to speak about any topics to the media.They're allowed to say "Yes, I am one of Jehovah's Wittnesses, that's all I will say" and then direct to the person who overseas that talking with the medica ( I remember the WT article on this) Anyone else know what I am talking about?

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Have there been any documentaries made yet about what really goes on? Someone needs to get the ball rolling.

I think I will talk with some student filmakers on campus about this...A change needs to be made.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    This is totally against Society's rules! Absolutely in no way possible would the Society allow any of the DUBS to speak about any topics to the media.They're allowed to say "Yes, I am one of Jehovah's Wittnesses, that's all I will say" and then direct to the person who overseas that talking with the medica ( I remember the WT article on this) Anyone else know what I am talking about?

This is correct,in 1986 i gave away a case of amplified Bibles to all the MS and Elders in my Circuit.I caught Hell for writing a two paragraph commentary in the inside flap.

They said.[quote] ONLY THE FDS HAS BEEN AUTHORIZED BY JEHOVAH TO SAY OR WRITE COMMENTARY ABOUT THINGS SPIRITUAL {unqoute}

All this was instigated by a jealous MS from the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses Rockland Massachusetts.-Danny Haszard

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I really don't think this documentary will have much of an effect either way. I'm sure some Witnesses will watch it with excitement, but when all is said and done, who cares? I don't think any religion has ever gained mass conversion by a PBS TV program. Their website said they hoped to premier this as Sundance in 2006, looks like that didn't happen. Oh well.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Oroborus - You bore us. I agree with Danny and only question your credibility, as you seem to be an apologetic for the WBTS, which has misrepresented secular facts to promote its cult practices - practices which have resulted in suffering and death.

Additionally, my limited experience in the study of law, as a paralegal student, suggests to me that you probably are a hack.

The WBTS is a destructive cult; and pre-emptive strikes against such home-wreckers and death-dealers is most appropriate. Your defense of them is not.
    Quote from Oroborus: "JWs are among the largest religious bodies in the U.S. and well known by many."
    Now, I'm absolutely certain you don't know what the hell you're talking about, Oro bore us. Your statement is definitely a good enough reason for me to continue questioning your credibility.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit