Scary ghost story on Discovery Channel!

by Hellrider 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

I hear you, PeacefulPete. I`m as sceptical as the next guy. But there was just something about that documentary that at least persuaded me that this family at least believed that they had experienced these things. I`m sure it wasn`t just a hoax, there were two small children involved, and a teenager, as well as the parents, a niece of the children (around 18), and then the 3 or 4"experts" (lol, yes, "demonologists") who were brought in, and on top of that, the catholic church (who are usually extremely sceptical on these things - but still agreed to do an exorcism in the house). If it was just a hoax (and why? to make money? On the hope that someone somtime years into the future would want to turn it into a horror movie?), then that must be a really sick family indeed, dragging three underaged children into a hoax like that. So no, I don`t think it was a hoax. But whether it was mass hypnosis, or something like that, is a whole different thing.

Yes, uncleBruce, give us a real ghost story..

• gumby
    gumby

Unc......I knew if you hung out in those gumtrees long enough you'd become just like Ted Kazinski and Howard Hughes ya crazy bastard!

Hey seriously.....I'm one who believes in the supernatural believe it or not. I too saw a discovery channell show in which a little girl kept describing a certain man who kept appearing and talking to her. They questioned the little girl and she described the man who lived there and died there before her family bought the same house. She picked him out of 25 photographs of different men she'd never seen before. These and stories just like them are pretty abundant.

Now then.....tell us your story and I'll promise not to make fun at you.

Gumby *crosses fingers behind his back*

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Hey Gumbuster,

That's one damn fine book ya got there... but I fear it may be a tad too shallow to 'clear' a heavy infestation of demons. Besides, what if ones ghosts are of the welcoming friendly kind?

If anyone needs something more powerful and developed by indigenous Australians (the oldest living culture on earth) just call me for a free home smoking ceremony (2nd class return air fares please)

uncle abo bruce.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    Yes, uncleBruce, give us a real ghost story..

Ok Hellrider .. he's one that's not too scarey but is true.

About five miles away on the other side of Tanja forest, my neighbours Rodney & Ann, live with their two young boys. Tanja is a small peaceful rural community. It's beauty is stunning. Ancient forrest, rolling green hills, rugged coastline overlooking sapphire blue ocean. Rodney is headmaster (principle) at Tathra Primary school and Ann is a teacher. they aren't the type to fantasise about ghosts and definitley have trouble with the concept of demons. A few years ago they build a large mudbrick house which they sold to finance the building of their present house about half a mile from the first house.

One night the new owners had some kind of 'domestic' and the wife embedded a hatchet in the back of her husbands head (some of the women arround here are a bit wild). Ann and Rodney thought they'd heard screams, moaning and cries that night but put it down to the wind or wombats mating or owls hunting. The next day the husband was found lying face down dead in a paddock just a few hundred yards from Ann & Rodney's place. He lay there cold as, caked in blood, the axe handle pointing skyward from his head. Apparently the man died an agonising death while trying to reach help.

Every now and then on cold dark nights Rodney, Ann and the boys attention is taken by agonising screams comming from that direction. Guests have heard it too though they never knew the story of the 'axeman'.

~end~

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

It is quite sad that a reputable channel as discovery is lowering itself with this kind of programs in order to get a broader audience.

• joelbear
    joelbear

sic the amazing randy on them

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Yes!! I saw that show. Had trouble going to bed after that. Was very glad I don't have a basement.lol It was the one with the embalming place right? And the boys would see shadows walk in the room at night?

There was that other one that scared the freak out of me. Some angry spirit was moving a girl's bed at night, banging it on the wall, and pushing her up from under the bed. Creepy. Sometimes I wish I didn't live alone.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Lilycurly, yes, the one with the basement, shadows and demons moving around in the two boys bedroom in the basement. And yes, I had trouble sleeping after that one too...

• skyman
    skyman

I saw a ghost just recently. I was cleaning up a house to sell there was no electricity on in the house. I was in the basement, I had a lantern to see by, I saw a shadow walk across the room in front of the lantern. I said out loud what are you doing down here thinking it was my partner, I then I realized I was the only one down there right then I knew it was a ghost. I finished cleaning up the basement it took about 15 minutes more to finish. I did not like the feeling I had but I figured it had not hurt anyone yet so why would it start with me.

• Mary
    Mary
    Hellrider I watched a program on the Discovery Channel, called "A Haunting in Connecticut". This was truly the most scary story of a haunted house I have ever seen.

Hellrider, I remember seeing part of this last year. I couldn't watch the whole thing, cause I was getting pretty creeped out as I most definitely believe in demons and ghosts.

However, since there are two well known, supposedly true "supernatural" movies out where we all got royally duped (Amittyville Horror, which was nothing more than an insurance scam by the Lutz' and The Blair Witch Project which was also totally bogus), I do not automatically believe that A Haunting in Connecticut is a true story. The fact that the people didn't have their faces on camera makes me highly suspicious. I mean, who the hell are these people? It could be Ted Jaracz and his cronies for all we know.

Second of all, I find it incredibly hard to believe that any parents would force their terminally ill son to sleep in a basement (along with his brother) when they both complain of being terrified at night with all the weird stuff they were seeing and then take the freaking lightbulbs out!! Come on.......that borders on child abuse regardless of whether or not the parents believed them or not. I got a few further scenes in. One was where the family (having decided that the boys had been telling the truth all along) were all sleeping in the living room and the one 'expert' decides to go downstairs to see what's going on. If the story is true and if the family were being physically and mentally attacked by demons, then what idiot in their right mind would go downstairs, by themselves in the middle of the night and then be shocked when something bad happens?! Can you say DUUUUUHHH??? If it was that bad, why didn't they just pack up and LEAVE??

I think Eddie Murphy said it well years ago while doing his stand up comedy routine "....Why do white people stay in the house when there's a ghost? I would've bin gone! In the Amityville Horror, the ghost told them to leave----the white people stayed!! Now that's a hint and a half for your ass! It's very simple: if there's a ghost in the house, get the f**k out."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit