Something significant changed in the WTS in 1984... but what was it???

by Elsewhere 45 Replies latest jw friends

• JustUs
    JustUs

Interesting thoughts here. Reminded me about the numbers on this link: http://gatheringofisreal.com/gospelclock/gospelclock2002.html

The JW numbers used to move pretty rapidly.Not so much now!!!

• JustUs
  • kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

i remember the short jump after 9/11. it even shook me to be honest. i was just starting to look outside of the box around that time, but i quickly stuck my head back in the sand when the towers were hit. i remember people coming back to the kingdom hall in droves.......it cooled back off after a year or so though. then i decided to peek back out of my hole again.

i love the mountain peak right above 1975. i'd love to show something like this to my mom, but of course she'd just write it off as apostate.

luv, jojo

• Ginosko
    Ginosko

Maybe the red bomb: You can live forever ... which replace the blue bomb, can explain that statistics behavior.

The book was edited in 1982, but its effects could be noticed one or two two years latter.

Ginosko

• M.J.
    M.J.

Also note the downward surge around 1997-98 or so...interesting how that coincides with the internet explosion.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

I think it was some time in the 1980's that the baptismal wording was changed if my memory serves me.

Before our dedication was to Jehovah and Christ then it changed to include "we became members of the wbts" a rather clever legalistic move.

I remember the strange feeling I had at that moment because my daughter was getting baptised and this change disturbed me.

But like the true jw fool I stuffed all those thoughts in the mental recycle bin.

Might this have had some effect on the numbers?? I don't know.

Outoftheorg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit