Guys and flowers, whadda ya think??

by Super_Becka 60 Replies latest jw friends

• slugga
    slugga
    I have had flowers before as a present and its a nice thought but for the £25-£30 you could spend on flowers having them delivered goodness knows how many miles, you can buy a decent single malt.

Yay! a whiskey drinker!

Get yer butt up to Glasgow and spend an evening here...http://www.thepotstill.co.uk/

Matt

• serendipity
    serendipity

Go to Victoria's Secret.com. Buy yourself something you like and send it to him. Tell him if he's a good boy, he'll get to see you in it the next time you visit. That's a gift he'll appreciate.

Seriously, if he happens to mention a gadget, book or CD he's interested in, then buy it, but don't waste your money on flowers, etc. that he may not really appreciate. If you feel you HAVE to get him something, send him a cute card.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Most guys would be chuffed to get flowers these days, but as a regular thing, remember blokes are far more practical than women, and would certainly prefer a tool set or something they can really get their hands on. Definately appreciated as a one off gesture though - a good way to say you like him a lot. And of course his mates will rib him about it, they are just jealous and blokes love making fun of someone.

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    I think just looking in your eyes would do it for me.

Aww, Ken, why aren't all men that sweet?? Then again, my guy would probably say something like that, too, just because he's a hopeless romantic most of the time. I think I have the world's last cuddler - my sweetie loves to just cuddle with me, it's nice.

Given the choice between a decent single malt whiskey and a bunch of flowers; the scotch wins hands down everytime.

Hmm, the thing is, I don't know if he even likes scotch. I think I saw a liquor bottle in his cupboard the last time I was at his place, but I didn't take notice of what it was exactly. I think it had gold flecks floating around in it - does that ring a bell?? Maybe I dreamed that...

-Becka :)

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    Definately appreciated as a one off gesture though - a good way to say you like him a lot. And of course his mates will rib him about it, they are just jealous and blokes love making fun of someone.

I sent him a great bunch of flowers back in October, not too girly, no frills or ribbons or anything, lots of shades of blue and purple, just to show him how much I love and appreciate him, and I think he appreciated the gesture, if not the flowers themselves. And his pals at work definitely teased him about it.

Maybe this time, it's time to be a little more practical and guy-oriented with a gift.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Lavender when pressed against wounds prevents bleeding, so the young wives of warriors would bind together lavender stems and give them to their husbands in preperation for battle. I imagine those men felt very proud being looked after by their wives that way, and lavender smells damn good too.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

How about a gift card to a video/music store? That way he would be able to pick out whichever music or movie he wants.

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    Lavender when pressed against wounds prevents bleeding, so the young wives of warriors would bind together lavender stems and give them to their husbands in preperation for battle. I imagine those men felt very proud being looked after by their wives that way, and lavender smells damn good too.

Lavender, huh?? I thought that was a girly thing?? Even I don't have lavender, it's a little too girly for me. But maybe I could get some and tie it up in a little bundle and write out that little story for him, and it wouldn't be as girly then, it might make him feel more "macho" to think of himself of a "warrior".

How about a gift card to a video/music store? That way he would be able to pick out whichever music or movie he wants.

Good suggestion, but not a good idea for two reasons:

1.) I hate giving gift cards, they're just impersonal and they say exactly how much money you spent on recipient.

2.) He doesn't "buy" movies and music, he downloads music and movies and rips DVDs, the only thing he pays for are the movie rentals.

• ballistic
    ballistic
    Lavender, huh?? I thought that was a girly thing?? Even I don't have lavender, it's a little too girly for me. But maybe I could get some and tie it up in a little bundle and write out that little story for him, and it wouldn't be as girly then, it might make him feel more "macho" to think of himself of a "warrior".

errr, maybe it's not appropriate for the modern age, but the English like heritage, and

I thought the story was a good example of how the things women like to do fit the practical needs of men.

have I lost you?

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka

Nope, I'm right with ya, ballistic - after all, I am a history major.

I'm still grasping at straws over here, though - men are impossible to buy for!!

I'd like to be practical, but there's nothing that my guy needs - when he needs something, he buys it, simple as that, so I don't have anything to go on for him, he has everything!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit