Guys and flowers, whadda ya think??

by Super_Becka 60 Replies latest jw friends

• anewme
    anewme

Yeah the cookie-gram sounds great for your man

• greendawn
    greendawn

No they are not too girly at all, they are pretty and also soothing to look at, potted flowers are also a good idea they last much longer, Cyclamen Kalanchoes, Cinerarias etc.

• damselfly
    damselfly
    Whoooo! A pocket knife/fire starting combination! I'm speechless. Thanks for the link Dams!

I know! What fun that could be. What else does a budding young pyro need!?

I'm a fan of the NASA gel ant farm, although it just genereates a bunch of questions for me. What exactly is in that gel? Do the ants really like it? What happens when they eat all the gel? Do they die? Do they know if they eat all the gel that there isn't any more? Is this mean to the ants?

I don't think I could handle the pressure of being an ant farmer.

Dams

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    You are a former JW woman. You are programmed to please.

Actually, I've never been a JW, and I'm eternally grateful for that. I do have a nagging desire to please, though, it runs in my family, we all like to keep everyone else happy. Or maybe it's a Newfie thing...

I'm sure he'll "appreciate" I put the effort into getting for him, just like I appreciate everything that he gives me, but I want him to like it, too. I don't want him to feel like he has to pretend to like it for my sake. I know he'll thank me for anything that I send, but I know that if I send him something that he doesn't like, then he's going to feel obligated to say that he really likes it, and I don't want to put in him an awkward position. Everyone knows what it's like to get a present that you don't really like - like those ugly slippers that your grandmother was so proud of getting for you, or that hideous pink shirt that your father gave you because "girls like pink things" - and I don't want to give him one of those gifts.

Heh, and he most certainly won't be getting anything for me for Valentine's Day, he'd rather be taken out in the road and shot. He doesn't even know when Valentine's Day is, he's been programmed to hate and ignore any and all occasions that might be special to someone, myself included. I've learned not to expect gifts for anything from him - not for Christmas, not for my birthday, not for Valentine's Day, nothing. I send him something for Valentine's Day, but I don't expect to get anything from him, I know better, he's a well-programmed little JW.

-Becka (of the "of course I'm not bitter" class) :)

• damselfly
    damselfly

If you are set on flowers what about these?

altZoom
    altMore Images

Little Desktop Of Horrors...

Here at ThinkGeek, we truly understand you have needs. Especially at work where minutes often last hours and hours become days. You need to be entertained, you don't want your neurons to prematurely atrophy. You crave stimulation. You crave a Carnivorous desktop plant set. Perfect for the casual office worker who delights in watching insects slowly meet their makers as they are painfully digested by an engaging variety of meat-sucking flora. Nothing quite like it.

So what's our recommendation? Grab a set and grow your own collection of feared and famous carnivorous plants. This deluxe set has seeds from over ten varieties of carnivorous plants! Watch these fascinating plants grow into bug-eating monsters and delight in creating your own authentic bog with the included peat planting mix, blue Swamp Rocks, three Bog Buddies and full color decals. This rare and unusual collection of carnivorous plants will flourish for years in this specially designed terrarium with proper care...

Each Complete Kit Includes:
    • Growing Dome
    • Planting Mixture
    • Carnivorous Seed Pack:
      • Venus Fly Trap
      • Yellow Trumpet
      • Hooded Pitcher Plant
      • Purple Pitcher Plant
      • Pale Trumpet
      • Temperate Sundew Plants
      • Cobra Lillies
    • 3 Photo Decals
    • 3 Bog Buddies
    • Swamp Rocks
    • Instructions and Information Manual

NOTE: Unlike Insta-Pets(TM)like Sea Monkeys or Triops, your carnivorous plant set will take several weeks to get started. But have patience friends, the blood-curdling plant-on-insect action will be worth the wait! We guarantee it or pay us double!

I love this so much! Maybe too much maintenance for him though?

Dams

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    I love this so much! Maybe too much maintenance for him though?

I thought the carnivorous plant thing was pretty fun, too, and I'm sure he'd love it, but he's really not that good with plants. He has an African violet that hates him more often than not, he has a nasty habit of leaving it outside when it's too cold outside and it nearly dies, then it's OK for a while, then he leaves it outside too long again... It's a vicious cycle.

He doesn't have much of a green thumb. He can do damn near anything with a computer, but living things, he's not much good with.

-Becka :)

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I can kill cacti, but that carnivorous plant thing would actually make my eyes sparkle. Gawd, I'm not so humane after all, am I? But I guess, then neither is the God who created them

And, yes, I did the sea monkeys thang and kept em living for over a year!

anewme:You're not doing the exElder'sWife bit, of being antagonistic towards men, by any chance, are ya?

Believe it or not some of us actually turned into fairly decent human beings after we left the WTS!

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    I can kill cacti, but that carnivorous plant thing would actually make my eyes sparkle.

LT, are you suggesting that maybe, just maybe, some form of "flower" might be a suitable gift for guys??

Maybe I will get that for my boyfriend, he might like it. If he doesn't kill it...

-Becka :)

• Undecided
    Undecided

I have no idea what would entice him. It's been so long since I've been young and on the market, I've lost track what would impress me. I think just looking in your eyes would do it for me.

Ken P.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Given the choice between a decent single malt whiskey and a bunch of flowers; the scotch wins hands down everytime.

I have had flowers before as a present and its a nice thought but for the £25-£30 you could spend on flowers having them delivered goodness knows how many miles, you can buy a decent single malt.

It lasts longer, it can be savoured...and everytime he has a wee dram, he thinks of you....see romance is not dead!

DB74

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit