Do You Think Witnesses Deal With Death Properly?

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• cbbebop
    cbbebop

ABSOLUTLEY NOT. They really don't seem to have a good grip on reality let alone death. My family is dealing with this subject right now. Just recently my uncle passed on and this next week is his memorial service. Everybody in my fam are JW's expect for about five of us "young ones". I chose college instead, and I am greatful for a real education. I can't stand the cult and am a bit of a blck sheep for it, but at least i have my sanity. I haven't been to JW funeral in awhile and I am very apprehensive about attending this one b/c he was well liked within the JW community and outside of it as well. I was surprised when I was at the hospital to see so many elders there. They were initially pushing the "no blood" issue, and then it was "family support". You could feel the ignorance in the waiting room. It made me physically ill.

• boy@crossroads
    boy@crossroads

Interesting i was just thinking of this subject recently. REcently a witness associate i know forwarded an email to all his friends about how someone he knew at work died and was very hurt by it.

He writes in his email:

I worked there for two months now and got to know the people there ,nice people, food and good pay.I got to know the trainer real well .Only as well as a Witness could get with a Worldly persons .I would talk to my trainer ,her name was Gabby ,Gabby was a nice person nice for a worldly girl ,I knew that she was worldly thus did my best to not make her think that i was interested I told her my beliefs ,she understood and said that's fine I respect that so she knew that I didn't like her based on my beliefs .So weeks later I mention I don't have a car to one of the other people there at my job and she,Gabby over hears what I said about not having a car .That night she offers me a ride home I accept

the email was very long so i will try to only include important quotes !!

So weeks later I mention I don't have a car to one of the other people there at my job and she,Gabby over hears what I said about not having a car .That night she offers me a ride home I accept.It went well we talked I told her of my beliefs and my religion she was interested and I thought I was making a wittiness I was but not doing it the right way .So I arrive home and I go to get out of the car and she says wait so she pulls me to her and kisses me . I am upset and i felt bad and got mad at her and ran inside so........I dont speak to her i tell her [you know about my beliefs[, I told you .Well what do you know shes WORLDLY.So weeks go by she calls me on the phone and says ,,,John I'm sorry about that I'm wrong I just want you to know that it is a new year and I will try to be friends with every body I'm sorry ,I don't listen I DON'T EVEN CARE! I don't even pay attention to what she says .Even she trys to come to me at work and say shes sorry I don't care . five days later I get terrible news ..................I go into work that morning Sunday .10;00 .I am going to the back when my manager says I need you to be strong John be strong someone you know got .........And the the other manager says wait not now wait and until everyone gets here to tel the news .So 30 minutes later .when the rest of the employees arrive she lets us have it ...'Everyone' She says Gabby and Kevin had a car wreck ..'Oh no 'I gasp She continues' Gabby didn't make it' .Those four words ill always remember coming out of her mouth sharp enough to cut stone apart .I wanted to scream I wanted to rush to her and Say I'm sorry I forgive you I'm sorry we can still be friends except this time its to late I had my chance while she was here .No forgiveness shell never here I'm sorry

I was really touched by this email he sent to everyone. so i write him back.

JOhn, man, i am SO, SO incredibly sorry to hear this !! Its unfortunate when someone (witness and worldly alike) touches us in some way, listens to what we have to say, somehow makes an impact on our life and something really, really, crappy, like this happens to them. Its just not fair !! Sometimes life has some pretty dark moments. Life gives us all scars. Scars of guilt, scars of regret,..... nobody is perfect, not you or I or GAbby. and i know that a death such as this must be torture. you tell yourself "So many things that could have been said, even little things, a smile I could have given, anything to say "i appreciate you being here." sorry man, i'm really sorry. email me any time.
    Below is a response posted by one of my witness associates. The emphasis is completely taken away from the person it should have been given to the most. the girl who died !!
    THAT'S OKAY, JOHN. JEHOVAH KNOWS YOU'RE SORRY, AND EVERYBODY ELSE DOES
    TOO. AND JEHOVAH UNDERSTANDS YOUR DESPONDENCY.
    YOU DID THE RIGHT THING THAT NIGHT BY LEAVING HER IMMEDIATELY AND GOING
    INSIDE. IF YOU REMEMBER, THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT JOSEPH DID IN THE BIBLE
    WHEN POTTIPHER'S WIFE TRIED THE SAME THING WITH HIM. HE RAN AWAY.
    SEE, I KNOW A FEW 'BROTHERS' WHO ARE BAPTIZED WHO DIDN'T DO WHAT YOU
    DID, AND WHO LET IT GO FURTHER BECAUSE THEY WERE TEMPTED; AND BECAUSE
    OF THEIR MISTAKE, SOME OF THEM ARE NO LONGER SERVING JEHOVAH. I KNOW
    OF SOME SISTERS WHO'VE DONE THE SAME THING AND ENDED UP IN A TERRIBLE
    SITUATION. SO, BY BEING QUICK AND DECISIVE AND NOT FORGETTING
    JEHOVAH'S RULES, YOU AVOIDED SOMETHING THAT WOULD HAVE HURT YOU AND
    EVEN GABBY A GREAT DEAL.
    I'M NOT TRYING TO COME DOWN HARD ON GABBY. SHE WAS IN THE WORLD AND
    APPARENTLY, JUST DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO CONDUCT HERSELF. AT THE SAME TIME,
    SHE 'DID' KNOW WHAT YOUR STAND WAS ON THE MATTER SO SHE SHOULD HAVE
    RESPECTED THAT, SO IT WAS UNDERSTANDABLE WHY YOU WOULD BE ANGRY WITH
    HER AT FIRST.
    JEHOVAH KNOWS YOU FORGIVE GABBY AND HE REMEMBERS HER. ONLY HE KNOWS
    FOR
    SURE WHAT WAS IN HER HEART. HE ALSO KNOWS THAT SHE WAS SORRY FOR WHAT
    SHE DID TO YOU. WE DON'T KNOW 'WHO' WILL BE RESSURECTED. IT'S ONLY
    FOR JEHOVAH TO SAY. ONE THING WE 'DO' KNOW IS THAT THERE WILL BE "A
    RESSURAECTION OF BOTH THE RIGHTEOUS AND THE UNRIGHTEOUS." (ACTS 24:15)
    SO I ,FOR ONE, AM PROUD OF YOU AND HOPE YOU CONTINUE TO MAKE PROGRESS
    IN
    JEHOVAH'S SERVICE JUST AS I NEED TO; JUST AS WE ALL NEED TO.
    MEANWHILE, ARE YOU WORKING TUESDAY NIGHT OR DO YOU HAVE A MEETING?
  • Tigerman
    Tigerman

Ummmmm . . .

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

Fairmind . . .my heart goes out to you. I don't what I would have done if someone had said that to me; I may still be in jail !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit