Has anyone here asked you for personal information?

by MsMcDucket 45 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

If so, how do you handle it? I mean, do you think it's safe to give out your name and address?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I have volunteered it to those I have come to trust, but I would feel very awkward if someone asked me for it.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yes. I only do it if I really know and trust them.

Josie

• uninformed
    uninformed

MsMcDucket,

Depends on if you're finished with the WTS or not.

I would be careful if I were you, especially if you are worried about the elders getting on you.

I have just been posting for a few weeks, and I have enjoyed getting private posts from three different ones lately. I trust them and gave them my e-mail and address. They likewise did the same.

But I don't care anymore what the hypocrites up in the ivory towers do or say. I hate that I wasted 45 years with them.

Uninformed

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes - sometimes I give it out - have given out to e-man, simon, Blondie, Alan F, Hillary Step, Sassy ,Buttlite, Whyamihere, and a few others. When I am asked if they are an active witnes or I do not know them NO WAY will I give out info - they could be WTS spies

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

I have.

But like others, I suggest only giving it to someone you know and trust. Have been burned myself.

meagan

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Well I've been here for a while.

The only times anyone has asked for my address is when they want to send me something. In all of those cases I trusted who was getting the info.

But if I wasn't sure about the person I would just politely say "Generally, I don't hand it out to people." If they get their nose out of joint over it then I know I made a good decision.

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

Enigma One / Brian
    2211 N Maple Rd
    Ann Arbor, MI 48103

• ballistic
    ballistic

You never know who you are flirting with on the internet

• freedomlover
    freedomlover
    Enigma One / Brian

2211 N Maple Rd