How can one id a real Christian?

by BlackSwan of Memphis 64 Replies latest jw friends

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Popping in and out of the supposed inspired word of God

Hm. I never read where LittleToe said he thought the Bible canon as arranged and sactioned by the Catholic Church was inspired of God. Did you read that somewhere, Seymour? Because unless he has your entire tirade against him seems, well, pointless.

Curiously,
    AuldSoul

• Think
    Think

John 13:35 " By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have LOVE one to another".

+

• SeymourButts
    SeymourButts
    Yup, clueless, antagonistic tripe. You don't know me, my beliefs or my morality, yet you attempt to sit in judgement from the sidelines.

I fail to see how your name calling trumps the words of Jesus. Clueless? Since I used the Bible itself, are you saying the bible is clueless as well, or just those words of Jesus that you don't like? Don't call me clueless....I only pointed out the words of Jesus. Call it "judgement from the sidelines" if you wish, but diving in and out of the Bible for what is palatable is a form of selective morality.

they make the gate too high, as an excuse for not entering themselves

....but of course, this wasn't some sort of judgement...noooooo "Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven." "And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of law to fail"--Luke 16:17, see also Matt. 5:18-19

May ask how you would feel if a never-been-a-jw told you how you feel and what you believe as either a JW or an exJW?
    Did I tell you what you believe, or did I make comments regarding one segment of it? A segment that clearly went against the words of Jesus.
  • LittleToe
    LittleToe

Did I tell you what you believe, or did I make comments regarding one segment of it? A segment that clearly went against the words of Jesus.

Errr, yes you did. You laid claims that my beliefs were a substandard subset of what Jesus is recorded as saying. And you would know that how??

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Call it "judgement from the sidelines" if you wish, but diving in and out of the Bible for what is palatable is a form of selective morality.

As is ignoring it entirely. What exactly is your point? I am missing it. For what you have written to make any sense at all LittleToe would have needed to have expressed devotion to the Bible as the 100% infallible inspired word of God.

Have you ever seen where he posted those beliefs feelings regarding the Bible or are you making a HUGE assumption based on clueless ignorance of his beliefs and filling in the gaps from your own preconceptions about what all Christians "must" believe?

I think your prejudice is showing. One thing that is consistently true of prejudice of all stripes is: Prejudice is based in clueless ignorance. It is often, but not always, accompanied by antagonism. Usually in the form of imposing preconceived notions on those believed to belong to the "group" one is prejudiced against.

Your posts to LittleToe demonstrate every symptom of prejudice.

AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit