ROFL! Is this desperation for SOMETHING to create urgency?

by AuldSoul 53 Replies latest jw friends

• willyloman
    willyloman

Auld Soul: It's their version of the Doomsday Clock that a group of scientists publish from time to time, sometimes moving it forward, sometimes back. In future WTS publications, you can expect the stone to move in the other direction!

Nathan:

while the path in the second illustration is curved and swoosh-like.

I just read your post and found it thought-provoking. This is a fine example of a hidden bible prophecy discerned by the faithful land discreet slave. The "swoosh-like" path of the stone clearly foretells that Nike would rule the world in the last days.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh
    God, I could just see my poor mother following along and nodding. ; Then making some comment on the ride home after the meeting about such deep things being revealed.

Further proof that JW's truely and deeply do have something special. God's very chosen people on earth.

My mother too....she'ld react the same way. LOL

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh
    I hope someone with access to those pics can do an analysis and estimate "distance versus time" -- in othe words, "velocity" of the stone, and then extrapolate it out and predict "exact moment of impact".

Priceless!

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    I hope someone with access to those pics can do an analysis and estimate "distance versus time" -- in othe words, "velocity" of the stone, and then extrapolate it out and predict "exact moment of impact".
    Priceless!

ROFL.....

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Perhaps you could find another way to get your point across without resorting to childish name calling that only hurts those that cannot defend themselves.

Iforget:

Having worked to secure funding for services to this population, I am familiar with the evolution of the politically correct terminology - "a child with a developmental disability" is the most current (they are a person first).

The word retarded is technically accurate - it describes the path of physical and mental development. However, that word is no longer used in polite society to describe one who has a developmental delay or disability. (I believe the word retarded is in use among clinicians, simply because it is accurate.) The point is the word 'retarded' was hijacked into common slang usage as a disparaging description - leading to its declining use as a clinical term. The word now belongs primarily to this usage, as many perfectly good words do (such as "gay" or "queer." "Moron" and "imbecile" are both valid clinical terms).

As you travel this road with your child, your feelings are raw and exposed, making you hyper-sensitive, it will be important to develop a great deal of tolerance and a bit of a tougher hide.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Did not mean to contribute to the hijacking of this thread.

Regarding the artwork - it is an amazing stretch that the WTS is reading the tea leaves of their own devising! Their circular reasoning is along the lines of "we are the FDS because it says so in our publications."

Wankers!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I have zero desire to debate this issue. The R word is hurtful to people like your brother and to my daughter. Education is the best defense and that is what I was trying to convey. My daughter cannot defend herself so I do it for her. Just because you don't take offense doesn't make it right and I have thousands of others besides myself who will counter your stance.

Perhaps joining me at the Special Olympics this year would make you see the world from a little larger vantage.

Again, there are better ways to get your point across and much better words.

Again, no one was taking about your child. And no one was talking about my brother. I do not take offense seeing the word retarded unless it was directed towards my brother, then my dear there would be a throw down. I'm truely sorry this upsets you, but I don't see it the same way.

By the way, my brother wasnt born the way he is now (and has been for the last 30 years of his life, he's now 35). He was in a swimming pool accident, he was normal. You can tell me nothing about pain.

Josie

• Smiles_Smiles
    Smiles_Smiles

This is so sad.

I have friends (ex-friends) that are still in and are in a constant state of urgent anxiety because of stuff like this. They can't live life with true peace because of always being in a urgency mode.

It's truly sad.

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

I have friends (ex-friends) that are still in and are in a constant state of urgent anxiety because of stuff like this. They can't live life with true peace because of always being in a urgency mode.

It's truly sad.

That's the main thing. They must keep the members on the precipice of destruction in order for them to produce: attend all the meetings and get out and hustle, hustle, hustle the books & magaznines .. the end is so close. (But damn, it's 2006, it was close when I dumbed down in '85 ... I think we need to qualify the meaning of the word "close" . And I'm sorry, but that rock picture thing ain't gonna cut it)

Living on the edge like that is not good for your health or psyche. I remember walking around in a dreamlike state while in the dubs. Without a mind of my own. I would have eaten that talk up back in the day (sad but true, truly sad to realize this about myself now).

• jojochan
    jojochan
    "He spoke very slowly and clearly" (like he was talking to kindergartners) "so all of the friends were able to follow along closely."

NNNNNKKKAAAAYYYY?

jojochan.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit