What Is Gods Name?

by Legolas 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Legolas
    Legolas

GODS NAME IS JEHOVAH, IT IS FOUND IN PSALMS 83:18

No one, I repeat, NO ONE knows gods name!

• undercover
    undercover

From the Watchtower's own website and the brochure, "The Divine Name That Will Endure Forever"

How Is God's Name Pronounced?

The truth is, nobody knows for sure how the name of God was originally pronounced.

Now, if no one knows how its pronounced, just how is it that the 'divine name' will endure forever?

• Golf
    Golf

LToe, it would have helped if Jesus had a tape recorder.

Golf

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Maybe in your bible Betrue but it doesnt say that in mine.

18 Let them know that you, whose name is the LORD—
    that you alone are the Most High over all the earth.

Josie

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

No, Gods name is not Jehovah, but yhwh was one of his names, yes. So was ahih, alga, adni, Schemhamphoras, and he also has many others (and yes, they`re all in the Bible!) . Do some research before you come on this forum to do your little one-sentence JW-apologetics-routine.

I`m getting so tired of all these JW-newbies showing up here lately.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Why am I getting a chill right up the back of my spine? The caps, the lack of punctuation, the flat delivery, the relentlessness of a punch drunk boxer..........could it be? Quick, lock all the doors!

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Good and obvious question. The next question is, do humans deserve to know the name of "GOD"? And if you did, would you REALLY respect the name?

• flyphisher
    flyphisher

hellrider

No, Gods name is not Jehovah, but yhwh was one of his names, yes. So was ahih, alga, adni, Schemhamphoras

You forgot Pocahontas;-) Can you tell me the locations in the bible? I am curious where I can find them.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Huh? I thought it was my name?

At least that was the impression she was giving me!

-Ed

PS: its an old joke

• greendawn
    greendawn

I think God does not have a name, he has titles and even Yahveh is a title meaning "the one that is", in other words He is existence and the source of all existence. A doubting (about his just assigned mission) Moses had to tell the enslaved Israelites that "the one that is (or exists)" sent him to them, unlike the Egyptian gods that did not really exist, they should have no doubt that He is real.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit