What Is Gods Name?

by Legolas 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    (if there is a god) maybe we are trying to make it so complicated when really it's so simple..maybe his name IS God

Wise you are young lucy.

In second grade our class got a hamster and there was a secret ballot to determine his name.

(Hammy, hambone, ham, etc.) My vote was Mr. H. That way his name could be whatever the individual wanted.

God= whatever I want.

• z
    z

Abaddonapollyon

Can’t you shorten you name just like god did???????lol

• daystar
    daystar

YHVH is as close a name of God as I've ever seen. If you look into gematria and the meanings of the letters, etc., it makes a lot more sense why it's used. The four letters symbolize the very act of creation in all its various aspects and degrees.

• Legolas
    Legolas
    So why hasnt she/he/whatever told us what it is then? If it were that important we should know it right? Frankly I like the name Bob. But then I'm not really hung up on the name issue.

That's my point! (To further my belief that there is no god)

I got out a bible (life application study bible)...to see what it was saying under 'name', I believe that back in the OT they did know a name that they used, so if he is real why did he not preserve it?

• daystar
    daystar

Here is the problem. People make the assumption that something we might call a God really has any interest in giving us some name to call him. Names are simply descriptors, used to identify and categorize. Something like God would not need something like this. It's purely a human construct.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

The God that can be truly named isn't.

Alternatively "V___GER".

• PMJ
    PMJ

EXODUS 6V3.GOD TELLS YOU HIS NAME.HIS NAME IS JEHOVAH.SO NO NEED FOR ANY MORE SPECULATING JUST ACCEPT GODS NAME IS JEHOVAH.HE IS THE ONLY TRUE GOD AND THE ONLY ONE WHO SHOULD BE WORSHIPED.LIKE JESUS SAID IT IS JEHOVAH YOUR GOD YOU SHOULD WORSHIP AND HIM ALONE YOU SHOULD RENDER SACRED SERVICE

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

His name as we know it accurate (or what is left of it) is YHWH any other form or vowels filled in the tetragrammaton is just an assumption of what is name would be pronounced. The King James and other translations use Jehovah and the Jerusalem Bible uses Yahweh; so in a nutshell it's a toss up.

• PMJ
    PMJ

I AGREE WITH YOU IT COULD BE EATHER OF THE NAMES JEHOVAH OR YAHWEH.BUT WHATS IMPORTANT IS THE MEANING OF GODS NAME.HE CAUSES TO BECOME

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    The God that can be truly named isn't.

Another good take on it. God cannot truly be known, can He?? So if He can't be truly known and understood, how can He be properly named?? I think using a respectful title for Him, such as "Father" and "God" are perfectly acceptable.

-Becka :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit