Advice is to Beat the kids......still!

by Gill 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

I'm with you on that DB.

I remember the four large finger shaped bruises on my 2 year old sister's face after she played up at a Sunday meeting. My Mum daren't take he out for nearly two weeks after my dad 'looked after her' at the meeting.

• Brigid
    Brigid

Ezra

In all sincerity, I would be most interested to hear an apologists point of view of the above scriptures. I warn you, however, that I have studied the Lashon ha-kodesh (don't worry, if you don't know what it means, you don't know your bible--you only know your translation and personal schema of said script). And even in my albeit limited knowledge, I'm quite sure it surpasses your knowledge. I truly do not mean disrespect, I only mean that you, as a Jehovah's Witness would not have permitted access to the source of your bible (the Jews). Any of the rabbinical writings would be off limits to you (self-imposed).

But in any case, I would sincerely welcome any apologetics from your personal perception through the lenses of WT doctrine on the above scriptures.

Blessings/B'Shalom,

~Brigid

• Brigid
    Brigid

I also have the personal experience of being beaten in a service car for having the AUDACITY to have to urinate and therefore interrupt JEHOVAH'S HOLY SERVICE! As I crouched in the floorboard to avoid the relentless blows, I wet myself and ruined my pretty service dress. I had to wait in the car, needless to say while they went to the next door to try to induct with bright smiling faces, the householder into thier all loving religion.

That was just one of many many experiences and it was not my singular experience but most all of my unfortunate peers (you know, the 0-18 year class). So, I refuse to have mine and my peers' brutal experiences fluffed away and invalidated by the "new light" on the semantics of what "rod" means or your dismissive "pat on the bottom". We were beaten with absolute religious and ZEALOUS FERVOR and every parent was convinced that they were training us to serve Jehovah. And you know what? I hated their god (who seemed more Satan than not) with an absolute passion until I got out and healed.

Blessings,

~Brigid

• Gill
    Gill

(((((((((( Brigid ))))))))) So sorry to hear what happened to you Brigid. It's a crazy screwed up religion. I hope your parents still think about what they did......more than you do.

Glad to hear you've escaped the bOrg completely though. The problem for parents is, their God will destroy them if they don't obey, so they think it's oK to beat their children if they don't obey. Sad.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

In e.g. Norway, corporal punishment was banned in the mid 80s. All literature of the Watchtower society published thereafter was changed, using non-offensive wording. All existing literature being offered at the doors was altered. The publishers put small adhesive labels into objectionable paragraphs using acceptable wording. Thus the witness culture has indeed changed in this respect, cause it is not at all emphasized, neither in writing nor in word. In fact, it has been said in public talks that corporal punishment is against the Bible. Also in local needs talks it has been stated that no corporal punishment should take place in Kingdom Halls. (When I related this to some American witnesses they were flabbergasted, they did not believe me, almost thinking that the local bethel had turned apostate or something.

• Brigid
    Brigid

Thank you Gil. Yes, I have completely cut myself free from the deadly web of the "bOrg". And I am quite sure that both my parents (esp. my mother who is still in) do not give the above incident any more thought than I do. It only comes up when I hear of similar incidences and I feel the need to share. Or when people who try to invalidate the church-sanctioned abuse or fluff it away.

Having said that, I treasure my experiences in life even within the organization. It taught me so much. I relish freedom having been in soul-prison. I seek light and having known what total darkness is, it shines even brighter against that dark backdrop. I learned that I cannot choose another's religion. Even my own children. They are souls in their own right--individuals who've been placed in my care and keeping until they "fly". Their path is their own and they must follow it. I am here to provide a safe nurturing environment so that their souls can evolve as they will. And I do not lay hands on my children.

Love and Light,

~Brigid

• Kudra
    Kudra

they must have different rules for animals, however.

I believe it is firmly against JW belief to spank your monkey...

Kudra

• Brigid
    Brigid

<,they must have different rules for animals, however.>>

LOL!! My mother now takes out her latent rage on her poor dog now that we children have grown up. Although, she did keep after my mildly retarded sister for a good while until she managed to get out of the house.

~AAAAhhhhh, Jehovah's shiny happy people

~Brigid

• Mastodon
  • Brigid
    Brigid

God, that picture creeps me out. Seen that look on many JW kids' faces. Trapped little souls. I feel so sorry for my step nephews. They lost their father to drug use, their mother shortly thereafter married my brother and BOOM!, their little lives are now devoid of X-mas, Santa Clause, B-days--there are meetings 5 days a week, service, etc. They are poor as church (kingdom hall) mice (because you know, college was off limits to me and my brother) And I shudder when I think of my brother parenting after his role model (my mother) raising kids in the "truth".

~Brigid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit