Advice is to Beat the kids......still!

by Gill 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

This is the Watchtower for April 1, 2006, page 9.

'Parents be a Fine Example for your Children.'

'....Of course, children are children, and some are prone to be contrary, even wayward. (Genesis 8:21) What can parents do? 'Foolishness is tied up with the heart of a boy; the rod of discipline is what will remove it far from him,' says the Bible. (Proverbs 22:15) Some view this as harsh treatment that is out-of-date. Actually, the Bible is against violence and abuse of any sort. THE 'ROD' THOUGH AT TIME LITERAL, represents parental authority that is administered firmly but lovingly and appropriately out of concern for the children's eternal welfare....'

I have two problems with this paragraph.

The first is, it's OK to administer the 'literal rod'. How will this go down in countries where smacking is banned or do they just get a different issue of the Watchtower?

The second, is 'Actually the Bible is against violence and abuse of any sort.' What?! The God of the Jews was condoning slaughter of young and old all through the OT. People were stoned to death for cheeking their elders etc.

I'm afraid the WTBTS is still into child beating.

Nothing changes there....except perhaps in the Swedish Watchtower.

• kid-A
    kid-A

I'm afraid the WTBTS is still into child beating

Absolutely, and whats more, child beating is a part of the JW culture. Some of my most vivid memories of being a kid at the hall and at assemblies was watching these loving JW parents beating the hell out of their kids in PLAIN view of everybody else, and normal and acceptable this all was.

What else could we expect from a religion that demands parents sacrifice the lives of their children over the blood issue? Beating a child would seem minor by comparison in the grand JW moral universe. I mean, just forcing little children and infants to endure 5 hours of that mind-numbing CRAP at the meetings every week is a form of abuse.

• Gill
    Gill

Absolutely kid-A. I admit to having been guilty for slapping my two year olds leg for not sitting still for over two hours of crap that I didn't even want to be there for. It was borne out of frustration and also expectation of others, I'm afraid. "You must smack your children,' is a JW mantra.

So, has anyone got the Swedish version of this Watchtower yet?

• Brigid
    Brigid

So, the bible is against violence and abuse....that's a relief because from its actual, you know, words, content and COMMANDS, one might perhaps get the idea that it's not so fluffly bunny!

• Deuteronomy
    • Deuteronomy 28:53 And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters.
    • I Samuel 15:3 slay both man and woman, infant and suckling.
    • 2 Kings dash their children, and rip up their women with child.
    • 2 Kings all the women therein that were with child he ripped up.
    • Isaiah Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled and their wives ravished.
    • Isaiah They shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eyes shall not spare children.
    • Lamentations Shall the women eat their fruit, and children.
    • Ezekiel 9:6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids and little children.
    • Hosea give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts.
    • Hosea their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up. <<But remember kids, it's totally against abortion!!!!>>
    ~Brigid

• Gill
    Gill

I always thought it was a 'nasty book'. Nothing changes.

Smack, kill, slay, destroy, used the rod, annihalate, strike down....bloody book. Made me sick when I was a JW and still does.

• ezra
    ezra

prove it .the scripture designates the rod to be a symbol of discipline ,discipline is actually instruction not corporeal punishment,as far as a swat on the butt to get your childs attention,which one of you that have children never gave a harmless swat to your children during their childhood years,what you are portraying us as is child beaters no true,eventually your slander is going to catch up with you.you reap what you sow

• ezra
    ezra

jedi master deuteronomy 18-10-12 obviously you have taken up the worship of satan,who better to provide accurate and reliable imformation on gods channel to deliver instruction.lol

• kid-A
    kid-A

jedi master deuteronomy 18-10-12 obviously you have taken up the worship of satan,who better to provide accurate and reliable imformation on gods channel

Greetings troll! Jedi Master? gods channel? WTF??? Did you forget to take your antispsychotic medication this morning? Your elders are patrolling this website and can trace your IP address.

I believe participating in apostate chat rooms is still punishable by disfellowshipping. F**k off and dont forget to invite us to your judicial hearing!

• Gill
    Gill

Ezra - Are you having trouble reading Brigid's Bible quotes or just having trouble understanding them?

Do you actually own a bible so that you can look up the scriptures? You can check for yourself then.

Also if you read the article it says : ....The 'rod', though at times literal,.....' This means it's OK in JW eyes to hit a child with a rod. I don't think that it is. The laws of a lot of civilised countries don't think it's OK either.

The Bible isn't saying 'spank you child', it says '...if you beat him with a rod, he will not die.'

How would you like to be beaten with a rod by anyone, let alone your parent?

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    prove it .the scripture designates the rod to be a symbol of discipline ,discipline is actually instruction not corporeal punishment,as far as a swat on the butt to get your childs attention,which one of you that have children never gave a harmless swat to your children during their childhood years,what you are portraying us as is child beaters no true,eventually your slander is going to catch up with you.you reap what you sow

I dont think that the battering I got in the foyer of the Kingdom Hall was a 'harmless swat' as you put it, in fact I remember the bruises quite well. No doubt the children who followed me being dragged by their parents also remember the bruises, the screams, the echos in the cold musty foyer! The ultimate defence to slander is truth...take your head out of the clouds and wake up, you seem to be in a dreamworld! DB74

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit