This question is not meant to be..well..weird but....

by stillAwitness 49 Replies latest jw friends

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Well.....I have read everyone opinion's, and I agree with some.

Here is my take on the subject.....

A few nights before I got married, I feel asleep with my parents(I was 19)....talking and telling them (mainly Dad) about what to do with my life.

I don't care....I never saw my parents, and when I did (since I had a different schedules) the only time I got to talk to them was when they were half asleep. I would get in my Pajama's, and tell them about my day, ask them about theirs. Sometimes, I would fall asleep in between them. Big Deal! Is it wrong I loved, and needed my Dad's advice? Is it a crime? Hell No!

You tell me which one of you had the type of relationship with their father like I did? Could you tell him anything? Would he judge you? Anything and everything you did he was fine with? Did he want you to be happy in whatever you did? Did he say follow your dreams? I think not!

I remember my best memories was my Dad telling me bed time stories. "The Three Little Bears" was my Favorite....He would change it and make it funny. Maybe, I held on to it a little more, because I didn't have a long childhood. I didn't get to putz around, and do whatever, and think for myself. I had my brothers to look after. Maybe, that's why I would crawl in be with my parents, and talk....because it was all I had. I see nothing wrong with it...and still don't.

Brooke

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

When you want to scrimp on paying the heating bill in the wintertime, sometimes you have to make sacrifices.

• Mary
    Mary
    I ask this because the C.O and his wife that are staying with us this week: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/107349/1.ashx brought along their 18 year old daugher. We assumed they would all just sleep in the same guest room togethor which has a king size bed but apparently they quickly requested if there daughter could be in another room?? I just thought it was weird.

Are you kidding? I would've thought it weird if they hadn't of requested another room for their daughter. I can't imagine sleeping in the same bed as my parents when I was 18 years old.......Eeeewwww!!!

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    but i don't think that nudity = sex, or that beds = sex, either. just me, i suppose.

ts

No, it's not just you, TS, I am the same way. I've walked around naked in front of friends before..........some of them had hang ups about it, some didn't.........the funniest incident was when I went swimming with a sister in our congregation one time.......now, keep in mind, we had both known each other for a few years by then.........well, we got done with the pool, and went in to the locker room where I removed my bathing suit and headed for the showers, passing by the sister on my way in.........she let out such a scream and clutched her towel to her body like I was a male rapist! LMAO! I almost fell on the floor laughing........she was seriously that disturbed to see my naked bod. In my house, I walk around naked all the time and sleep naked.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    brought along their 18 year old daugher. We assumed they would all just sleep in the same guest room togethor which has a king size bed but apparently they quickly requested if there daughter could be in another room??

I suspect the CO and his wife like to get it on from time to time and I doubt they are into letting their daughter watch.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/29788

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Each to their own opinion, I guess...

I do not see why three adults of the same family may not share. I bet they would if all three really wanted to be somewhere, like the only affordable hotel room on a real holiday. But you must remember that three people are involved here . Perhaps the quiet 18 yr old had definite views . And c/o's are picky against anything that might just be viewed as improper. I remember one, a substitute, who was single. He stipulated that the husband of the family must always be there , so he was never alone with the housewife - just in case somebody talked..

My objections have been on the other end of the age spectrum . When my them 3 or 4 year old niece wanted to jump in our bed with wife and me, in the morning of our visit to their house. NO Way! , I have read of too many cases of men accused of improper actions to children and protesting they were only fooling . Who would have believed me if such a thing had been said?

I always kept a little respect between us ..

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

okay um yes i think it is weird that 3 adults would sleep in the same bed. Actually stilla you cracked me up with that one.

secondly i'm weirded out that there daughter does the circuit overseer route with them. I've never seen any circuit overseer with kids before!

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

secondly i'm weirded out that there daughter does the circuit overseer route with them. I've never seen any circuit overseer with kids before!

He's just a subsitute.

• Nellie
    Nellie

Stilla - Honey, I must admit that I'm kinda confused by your confusion.

I would never expect a man and wife to share their bedroom with another adult - including their own child. There is a considerable difference between a child of 8 and an adult of 18. Did your family know she was coming before her arrival? Was there a reason your parents didn't offer her the couch?

I have to agree with some of the other posters and say I would have thought it was "weird" for her to share their bed. Of course, she could have always made a pallat on the floor of their bedroom, if it wasn't possible for her to be in another room.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Stilla, is your cultural background Caribbean by any chance? I know in some Caribbean cultures this is not unusual.....in fact I've gotten shocked responses from a friend of mine when I wanted to have my own bed.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit