This question is not meant to be..well..weird but....

by stillAwitness 49 Replies latest jw friends

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

i don't think there's anything wrong with it as long as it's not forced upon either party. after my parents divorced, i always slept in the same bed as my mom. it was more for being comforted than anything. the only time i didn't have nightmares about demons is when i slept in her room. after i ran away when i turned 18....when i finally came back home, i never slept in my own bed. i had been through so much that i just always needed someone close by at all times. i was a nervous wreck those first couple of months back home. there were a lot of nights when i was crying so hard, she would have to hold me until i fell asleep. even now, the few nights matt has ever stayed out late to hang out with the guys...i couldn't fall asleep till he got in the bed. i've always needed something next to me to sleep, be it a human or my pooh bear.

i miss my momma so much....

luv, jojo

• KW13
    KW13

I am 17 right now... Would i share a bed with my sweaty stepdad and my mum? No.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Ew! I would think it was weird! There is no way I would want to sleep in the same bed as my mother and father. Maybe with just my mother but definately not both!!

Josie

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

You know what's really weird about this? That a CO expects the hosting family to provide them with, not one bedroom, but TWO. I think it's a real imposition for their 18-year-old daughter to travel with them and have the host family be expected to wine and dine her too. When I was growing up JW, CO's may have had wives but they weren't allowed to have children and remain COs. It was kind of like Bethel service -- have a kid and you're out.

Nina

• ezra
    ezra

if you were still a witness you wouldnt post an american flag and a sign of the zodiac

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

No way would I want to sleep in the same bed as both my parents! I would sleep in a bed with my mother - but not both my mom and dad. Especially as an 18 year old girl! If there was not an extra room or pull out, then I'd ask for some extra blankets or something and make a bed on the floor.

OTOH, if I knew a couple were coming to stay at my house with their 18 year old daughter I would try and find someplace else to put her apart from her parents - kids need their own space as much as the parents do. I wouldn't think of putting her in the same room if at all possible, and if it was not possible, let them know before they got there what the sleeping arrangements would be and if it was a problem for them they might feel like they'd have to make alternate arrangements.

I've slept in the same hotel room and camper as my parents, but as an 18 year old girl - I'd rather sleep on the floor than in the same bed as both of my parents! But maybe I'm just an uptight Canadian girl!

BB

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    if you were still a witness you wouldnt post an american flag and a sign of the zodiac

o make it stop already

• undercover
    undercover

I haven't read all the other responses but my gut reaction is that an 18 year old girl doesn't need to share a bed with her parents under normal circumstances. If it was an emergency or some kind of hardship was happening, then one does what one has to to survive, but we're not talking harsh situations here.

That being said, however, I would be curious to know if your family knew that the daughter was coming with the CO and his wife. I've never heard of children traveling with the CO. If your parents were aware of it ahead of time and were okay with it, I would think that some kind of arrangements for her to sleep seperately from the parents should have been made. But if the CO shows up with daughter in tow and your family wasn't expecting it, then that was presumptous and rude of the CO and his wife.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I think its weird that a CO would have an 18 year old daughter following them around the circuit.

I guess they are short on man power these days and taking just anyone to be a co? Or is he a substitute co?

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

think its weird that a CO would have an 18 year old daughter following them around the circuit.

I guess they are short on man power these days and taking just anyone to be a co? Or is he a substitute co?

I think that is what he is called but I think there is another name for it. he's not the regular CO for their hall.

Anyways, the daughter left this morning. Apparently she was only planning on staying one night. She was really quiet the whole time anyway

And ezra? I don't like you. Cyber bullies have deserve no response.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit