This question is not meant to be..well..weird but....

by stillAwitness 49 Replies latest jw friends

• chrissy
    chrissy

hi stillAwit,

yes...that is weird. culturally unacceptable for an 18 year old girl to sleep w. her parents, for sure.

im picturing asking every woman i know over the age of 18, no, after her "coming of age" even, if she would ever dream of sleeping in the same bed as her dad again under ANY circumstance and i cannot think of any one answering back anything other than....

"EWww!!!"

...maybe if she were 8. but not 18.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

When my husband is out of town, one of my children sometimes comes and stays with me. Mostly because they don't like to see me alone. They may even sleep in the same bed, (even though there are two other bedrooms here) but usually they lay on top of the covers completely clothed, and sneek out when I'm asleep.

When my grandchildren stay over, they have their own room, but usually come and crawl in bed with us sometime in the middle of the night. They are 8, 4, and 2. So just so you all will know, a king sized bed will also hold two adults and 3 children. Not comfortably, but do-able.

lisa

• Legolas
    Legolas

One of them might kick or snore in bed.

• wombat
    wombat

I've been sleeping in the same bed with my Mum for the past five years.

She need to go to the toilet just about on the hour every hour and my bedroom is at the other end of the house.

Highlander...and she can bloody snore too.

She will be 89 in April. Every morning she asks me what has been happening on this site.

Our very favourite person is stillAwitness. Her family should be a TV sitcom. We love her.

I will remind you all to send Mum birthday greetings on 7th April.

• greendawn
    greendawn

They were probably thinking that it would be perceived as strange for the parents to be sleeping in the same bed as their adult daughter.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I can tell you in the northeast, if someone expected an 18 yr old to sleep with their parents, it would be a major scandal.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Well being in bed with BOTH parents is weird after the tweens IMHO (being Italian Canadian). When my family stayed overnight in a hotel/motel we'd all be in one room with two large beds. My Dad and me in one and my sister and my mom in another. It always was that way since we were kids and up to our late teens. It sucked because my Dad was always flatulating and he ALWAYS ended up sleeping on his side aiming in my direction. Just as annoying and frustrating was having to wear a complete set of pyjamas.

• kid-A
    kid-A

I think they were justified, two adult parents sleeping in the same bed with their 18 year old daughter, thats just really creepy.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i think its weirder that a co has an 18 year old child who they are clearly not looking after...what kind of example is that setting

• daystar
    daystar

It all depends upon the frame of mind of the person with the opinion. Native Americans often slept all together in the same room. Do you think that the parents made the kids leave when they wanted to have sex? It was treated as natural.

Now, in the scenario you presented, I don't really think it's weird for them to sleep in the same bed. If it were just the father and daughter, I'd raise an eyebrow.

I actually think it weirder that they made an issue out of it. That says much more, IMO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit