has your language changed since you left?

by fullofdoubtnow 34 Replies latest jw friends

• atypical
    atypical

No, I was never afraid to curse around certain people, and that's pretty much how I do it now. I know elders who weren't afraid to drop the f-bomb in front of me if noone else was around. I keep it pretty clean around my wife and family, but when I'm with my friends, I relax and use whatever word seems appropriate for the conversation.

• justsomedude
    justsomedude

Ive always been a foul mouth so and so. So, no it didnt change a bit.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

As a dub I used to speak bullshit, I suppose many think I still do. . .

• Phil
    Phil

Anyone who curses and swears because they have left the JW organization still have some problems. Having left the org. can be a difficult and painful is the proper thing to do to gain your freedom, however , taking up a foul vocabulary because is not very wise. Retaining control of your life includes using proper vocabulary to express yourself in a suitable manner as to not affect your family, friends as well as the people around you. You have gained in one area and lost in another area. Using foul language is nothing to be proud of.

• atypical
    atypical

Dr. Phil?

It's also nothing to be ashamed of in certain company, imo. I wouldn't curse around children or women, but I'm old fashioned. When I'm with a group of men, I don't see anything wrong with it, and I never did.

• rekless
    rekless

I hadn't used the F word or really heard it for 30 years but when I left I used it and sounded so wierd, It didn't even sound wrong just a stupid word.

• Highlander
    Highlander

I Fing cursed when I was an Fing JW and I still Fing curse now that I'm an inactive Fing JW

• Quotes
    Quotes

Yes, I am more verbose and loquacious than I once was, and enjoy an increased vocabulary. In other words, I have more subjects to talk about, have more things to say, and have more words to say them with.

This is likely due to the vastly superior quality of reading material I now enjoy. Watchtower and Awake! will keep people at a 9th grade lever. Unless you read the Golden Age from the 1930s, then you will regress to the level of village idiot. (Sorry, no offense intended toward idiots).

~Q

• Highlander
    Highlander

Hey! My family consists of Village Idiots! Well.. at least a few of them are. haha, no offense here, I tell my village idiot relatives when they are in full idiot mode.

• Genesis
    Genesis

Yes I do, and here the swearing words are linked to the equipments of the church, its so funny !

Tabarnak d'osti de coliss de criss !

Genesis

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit