has your language changed since you left?

by fullofdoubtnow 34 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I know mine has. I went back to my flat earlier this afternoon to pick some things up, I am moving out of there slowly, and was carrying a heavy box out to my car when I stumbled and dropped it on my foot. It wasn't too painful, thankfully, but I came out with a stream of expletives, most of them beginning with f. When I was a jw, even thinking those words would have filled me with shame. Now I'm out, they have, to a degree, become part of my vocabulary, and I don't feel even slightly guilty about it.

How about you?

• Nina
    Nina

I've dropped the Theocratese but other than that, no, my language is the same.

Nina

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

FreedomLover dropped the F-bomb (f*ck) a couple of times recently ... it was weird at first but I'm getting used to it.

I like it when she uses it as an "action" word (verb) with me though ... heheheh.

-ithinkisee

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

No. I've always had a potty mouth.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Yeah my language has changed but not because of leaving the cult. I used to have a vulgar mouth but then I had children. They're like little tape recorders and the F-bomb doesn't sount to good coming out of their mouths'. Im still working on it though and occasionally I slip but for the most part I've certainly cleaned up my act.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Yeah, I have added profanity to my vocabulary. And to those that would say that "profanity is a strong expression of a weak mind", I say BULLSH*T! ;-)

Dave

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Yes. I curse at every opportunity. Because the WTS denied me the right to be human in this way. Because I can. It isn't against the law. I have freedom of speech.

Frannie

• lucifer
    lucifer

I started swearing before I left, a teenage stage I went through I guess, now I try not to swear but still do,but not in a mean way just like "hey how the hell are ya!" or maybe I still do but don't notice it

• jojochan
    jojochan

Well, i've been the same, but one thing that's very different is that I used the word "damn" in front of my mom for the first time. !

I felt at ease, since she used the words "ass" and the,"brown word" to me to express herself a couple of times.

jojochan...the vulgar.

• anewme
    anewme

When I first was dfd I thought why not? Im dfd!!! So I tried out swearing. I tried all the great cuss words!
    But after a while I guess it lost its wicked fun and I realized swearing really did not fit me.
    Who I am inside is really someone much gentler than that.

So now I consider swearing like farting in public....very bad form and not for ladies or true gentlemen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit