The Watchtower's Great Game of "Jenga" and Exposure

by metatron 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Severus
    Severus

On the other hand, he who hears and does not do, is like a man who built a house upon the ground without a foundation. Against it the river dashed, and immediately it collapsed, and the ruin of that house became great. -Luke 6:49

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

We played Jenga, the last, and only recent time that we went to a dub's place for an evening. (No moans about hospitality)

I wish I had read this thread before I went, the game would have meant a lot more.

• metatron
    metatron

You guys are good. That graphic leaves me speechless!

metatron

• Maryjane
    Maryjane
    Drew Sagan wrote:
    I see where you are coming from on this. The society has been making lost of changes to compensate for what only can be seen as a "slowing down" of their organization.

This is very true, but you know I was thinking, they could use this "slow down" to indicate that it's nearly time for the preaching and teaching work to be finished (from what I remember, the taught that was one of the things that would happen deep deep in the time of the end)

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

Man I have used that analogy and love it.

I magine the blocks are labeled. The ones that have been removed say 1874, 1925, generation of 1914, etc..

Then a big hand is pulling out one block that will obviously make the" tower" fall. It is labeled 607 or 1914.

I've wanted to draw a cartoon of this. I do I'll post it.

good topic Megatron

• IronClaw
    IronClaw
    This is very true, but you know I was thinking, they could use this "slow down" to indicate that it's nearly time for the preaching and teaching work to be finished (from what I remember, the taught that was one of the things that would happen deep deep in the time of the end)

There are many parts of the world that they haven't even reached yet. So if they stop the preaching work it would be incomplete. Most of the places that they have missonaries are due to the fact that some other religion has already paved the way in that country. Besides they need the "donations".

• Severus
    Severus

With credit to Woodsman:

WT Jenga

• TD
    TD

LOL...That picture is a keeper...

• willyloman
    willyloman

This is precisely how we felt before we decided to bail.

The building blocks of the organization as we knew it (a close-knit loving family united against all outside opposition) were slowly pulled out from under us. Of course, in retrospect, the organization was never the close-knit loving family we imagined, but for a long time it felt like that. They removed the cement from the joints and the blocks came falling down.

Taking food service out of the assemblies destroyed networking and camaraderie. Coming down hard on "large gatherings" destroyed egalitarianism and promoted cliques. Splitting perfectly healthy congregations into weaker "cells" killed off close ties with longtime friends and associates and destroyed the worldwide brotherhood myth.

And now it turns out this has a name: Jenga!

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

That picture rocks!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit