Rumor alert: GB talk Jesus had 7 comings

by truthseeker 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Clam
    Clam

He won't know whether he's coming or going.

• Undecided
    Undecided

That's strange, I thought he was a virgin.

Ken P.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Maybe one of the Comings was at Cedar Point Ohio in 1922 when the horn blowing got started.

Rub a Dub

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence
    metatron: He was the idiot who tried to get the Society to come down on brothers watching football

Dang! I remember him saying that to the Bethel family.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Latest update from E-Watchman website

The talk was given by bro Losch at the Romanian convention in Miami on Feb. 3, '06. My source is someone who attended.

• KW13
    KW13

If this turns out to be more than a rumor, i might take chances of starting my own brainwashing cult called Karl's Lemmings and prove were all going to end up in an episode of the simpsons.

• sir82
    sir82
    The talk was given by bro Losch at the Romanian convention in Miami on Feb. 3, '06.

What the hey?

So now Romanian ex-pats living in the US are the test market for wacky new light?

McDonald's test-markets McGrease-balls in Podunk Alabama to see if it will catch on...I guess the GB tries out its new ideas on people who are less likely to spread the news among the JW population at large. If a large enough percentage of the brothers run up to the speaker after the program, gushing about the wonderfully happifying information, then it gets into a "Questions From Readers" 6 months out. If the response is big enough, it gets its own study article.

• Forscher
    Forscher

I think I can kick the four comings mentioned up by one more. his triuphal entry into Jerusalem riding on the back of a young donkey would count. On that occasion the people shouted "blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord" (Matt. 21:9)
    Forscher

• skyman
    skyman

I am surprised this thread died out as fast as it did so I am replying to keep it running so more can have a good laugh. Good read thanks

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

I believe his last "coming" was in 1975 when he looked around and said, "Nahh this can wait 'til later."

Of course that lead to the famous Fred Franz liner, "No no, I said Bud Light."

-BONEZZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit