Tell me something embarrasing about yourself

by doodle-v 46 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

This could be more embarrassing

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

hmmmmm....

I'm a chronic nose picker. I do it whenever I'm thinking really hard or when I'm nervous.

I have sweaty palms all the time and sweaty underarms. (You're not alone Doodle! )

I have gas a lot.

That's all I can think of for now.

luv, jojo

• jojochan
    jojochan
    I talk to myself. A lot. I'll even hold full blown conversations

I admit I do that too.But also I am sort of a mommas boy, and somwhat nonconfrontational to some extent.

jojochan.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I spend to much time on the internet

• deeskis
    deeskis

I was the white rabbit in an amateur theatre production of Alice in Wonderland!

• limbogirl
    limbogirl

I'm terrified of clowns. Probably why I run screaming whenever the Jdubs show up.

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka

OK, time for me to get in on this thread. Here's an embarrassing story about me:

When I was in junior high, I figure skated competitively with a team - it's called "synchronized skating". As part of our season, we would do exhibition skates before hockey games and for winter carnivals in between practices and competitions.

So when I was 14, my team was scheduled to skate before a well-anticipated hockey game at the local stadium. The team showed up early and we all got ready and dressed for the skate - we were performing our program from the provincial competition, and we were in full costume, you know, those spandex figure skating dresses with the skirts and the flesh-coloured tights, the whole shebang.

Just before the game, we went out onto the ice to skate, and the place was packed to the rafters. It's not a big stadium, but it was full and everyone was a local, so there were lots of people there that I know. We got into position for our warmup, and when it was time for everyone to go, a girl up front would call out a "5-6-7-8" count and on 8, we'd all start together.

She was in the front row of our warmup block, and I was in the third row, the stadium was noisy and she wasn't very loud. Couple this with the fact that I have a hearing problem (I'm completely deaf in my left ear, can't hear a damn thing on that side), and I missed her count and therefore my cue to start with everyone else.

I fell like a ton of bricks when everyone else started to skate. To paint a clearer picture of just how bad it was, keep in mind that I'm on the tall side when I'm not wearing skates - I'm 5' 9" tall, taller than everyone else on the team - and with skates, I'm over 6' tall, so I stand out. And the zamboni had just cleared the ice, so there was a lot of water. I was very noticeable when I fell, I got very wet, and every last person in the stadium, probably 2000 of 'em or so, laughed at me.

I just wanted to curl up and die, it was horrible. And the worst thing was, I was so startled by it that I stumbled again later in the program, and everyone laughed again!! Oh the embarrassment, and to make it even worse again, the hockey teams were teeming with hot guys that I saw around school - so much for making a good impression!!

And I bet you're all laughing right now, too, aren't you??

-Becka :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit