What you think is the worst the WTS has done?

by DannyBloem 56 Replies latest jw friends

• MsShockJock
    MsShockJock

This probably isn't the worst thing the society has done but it has to be up there, and is so widespread....

The wasting of young people's lives by encouraging them to pioneer (i.e., drive around in cars all day wasting precious time, money, and gasoline, etc.) and not get an education or a job that they can support themselves at and to serve at Bethel as slave laborers and pay them absolutely nothing. Also, encouraging young ones to marry before they even know who they are or what they want to do with their lives.

• MsShockJock
    MsShockJock

oh, just thought of another one that I think is so greedy and deceitful......

Encouraging people to make out wills leaving all of their assets to the society. Some of the people doing this have relatives who will not be taken care of because they have turned everything over to the society. Reminds me of that scripture about corban (sp?) where the person gave money to the temple so he wouldn't have to take care of his family.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Taking the place of Jesus by ordering people to obey them......or they are disfellowshipped....as though THEY are the mediator between God and Man.

• onesong
    onesong

Not just physically killing- but killing spiritually and emotionally by convincing people that they are rotten sinners in need of their help for salvation. Pounding into followers the idea that their hearts are treacherous and should never trust themselves.

• Shakita
    Shakita

I believe the worst thing that the WT has done is convince people that leave them that they are worthless, evil, despicable apostates that will be annihilated at Armageddon. Although some people have told the WT where to go in so many words, there are people that even after leaving voluntarily or involuntarily that the WT has the "truth." This has led some to suicide. They will have to answer to God for destroying the lives of innocent people.

Mr. Shakita

• serendipity
    serendipity

They've abused their power on many different levels.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

The worst thing the Witness people have done to me personally is to tell my sons to shun me. The worst thing I have seen the Witness people do is tell my first wife to die from leukemia without chemo and blood support treatment. The worst thing for me was watching her die.

Gary that's awful, I really feel for you. The wts have so much to answer for.

For me, the worst is the routine shielding of paedophiles by the elders, whilst punishing their victims. This happened in the congregation I used to attend. The paedophile is in prison now, doing 7.5 years for raping his four daughters, but he is in good standing, having been "repentant". His one baptised daughter, who went to the police, is disfellowshipped and shunned.

What a finely - tuned sense of justice the jws have

• lawrence
    lawrence

Shielding pedophiles.

Lying incessantly.

Playing prophet.

The blood issue.

Building an empire.

Lying incessantly.

Giving half-assed counsel.

Lying incessantly.

• feelinsketchy
    feelinsketchy

The worst is the institutional atmosphere of fear. Inordinate fear of God, ones fellowman even one's family. As well as the false sense of superiority that poisons every relationship big or small. In short, being unchristian.

• jojochan
    jojochan

Instill fear in the thought of dying for being human and wanting to live your life. Instilling fear in not being able to love who you want to love because of them being "worldly", so much to on from here, but that's what comes to mind for me.

jojochan.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit