Another Newbie

by TooBad TooSad 43 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

welcome to the board and thankyou for posting

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome to the board!

I look forward to reading more of your posts!

• garybuss
    garybuss

Welcome TooBad, I look forward to your posts. Glad you're here.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Welcome to JWD!

I do not go from door to door however I still put my "time" in the box to keep the elders off of my back. Not one person has ever questioned how I can report time without ever going out in service. It is easy, just write it down on a little piece of paper.

I'm so glad to hear that! I hope lurkers (like you were) will read that and realize that's all they have to do. They want the numbers, let them have them! Meanwhile you get some peace, some space, and a chance to collect your thoughts without pressure. Wonderful!

Dave

• Kaput
    Kaput

Welcome TooBad TooSad ---

Don't hesitate to share your experiences and insights, as we are all continuing to learn from one another. Looking forward to your contributions.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to the forum TooBad.

I'm glad too see you have finally broken the ice to let us know you are here.

Chris

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome to the forum, nice to hear from you, you seem to know which way to follow and how to handle things despite the difficulties of being in a high control group.

• skyman
    skyman

We are kindred spirits glad to have you now officially on board. I started my way out years ago when a brother at my book study group ask a simple question it was. How come can't auto transfuse ourselves the Society says it is because the blood coagulates but doesn't blood coagulate before they take out the fractions. I knew right then my life was going to change. Anyway Welcome.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, TooBad. The announcement for the convention sounds so hokey to this outsider (I was never "in", my hubby's a JW). Our congregation is five blocks from the convention site. Nevertheless, the conductor finds it necessary to recite the entire convention letter even though 90% of it does not apply to the audience.

Remember, boys and girls, STAY ALERT. Any moment now....

It reminds me of the corporate slogan, "The beatings will continue until morale improves."

• serendipity
    serendipity

HI TBTS, welcome to the forum! I agree, the blood policy makes no sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit