Another Newbie

by TooBad TooSad 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka

Welcome, TooBad TooSad, good to have you here!! I'm sure you know all about the board, given how long you've been reading, so you know that we're all good people here and we're all very glad to have you along.

I'm looking forward to more posts from you, it should be interesting to get some comments from "the inside". I can't wait to hear some of your stories from inside the WTS, they should be very interesting, informative and maybe even incriminating.

Welcome to the board!! Enjoy your stay!!

-Becka :)

• Think
    Think

Welcome to the Forum!

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Whenever I come to the board and see a new member my heart skips a bit.

I enjoyed your comments and welcome.

Looking forward to some of your experiences.

wanna

• ferret
    ferret

Welcome Toobad Toosad. You will enjoy it here.

• Balsam
    Balsam

The WATCHTOWER BIBLE TRACT SOCIETY MAKES MONEY OFF THE ROOMS THAT JW'S GET DURING CONVENTIONS. IT IS A COMMON PRACTICE WITH BUSINESSES SCHEDULING CONVENTIONS OF ANY KIND. IF YOU DON'T RENT ROOMS ON THEIR LIST THEY DON'T MAKE ANY MONEY IN KICKBACKS. THAT IS WHY THEY DON'T WANT YOU USING HOTELS NOT ON THEIR LIST. ITS ABOUT MAKING MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey welcome to the boards, I was a JW for 30 years too. Sorry about feeling your stuck in the JW. Tough situation to be in where you got to play the game.

The blood issue is enough to make all JW's examine it more closely. They are so ignorant it is a shame. www.ajwrb.org really is the best way for them all to get aquainted with the nonsense of the blood teachings.

Hope you fine lots of support here.

Balsam

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Welcome. Looking forward to hearing all you have to say. And here's a story from a former elder you might like, if you haven't read it already:

http://www.freeminds.org/psych/exithelp.htm "How I Helped My Family Leave Jehovah's Witnesses"

~Merry

• Cellist
    Cellist

Welcome to the board, TooBad TooSad. We look forward to reading more of your experiences. I agree completely with your Hotel summation.

Cellist

• Trojan
    Trojan

Welcome to this forum! As you can see I'm kinda new, too. This forum is becoming a wonderful self-healing therapy. I don't know this people personally, but have lots and lots in common with most of them....at the beginning I felt very nervous, posting my first comments....but it goes away (little by little). I have been "raised in the truth" and are still an bethel elder.....( I'm wondering how long I can play this "cat and mouse" game....at times it's emotinally consuming at others I get an incredible thrill.....)

Most of the folks here treat you like a friend, that is how they have treated me so far. I've got lots and lots of PM (personal messages) and most of them comforting. Actually very comforting. There are very colorful characters "aboard", but you will like them as they represent the way humans are:

bright and colorful and not BLACK AND WHITE! I despite the "black and white" thinking. Anyhow, I hope you don't live too much up to your nickname!

Welcome my friend,

Trojan.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Welcome, I hope to hear more of your expierances.

• ocsrf
    ocsrf

Dear Toobad,

Toobad, we don't know who we are, we could hang out at the up and coming blah, blah, blah, D. convention. I did what you did last year, got the same price the Society did, and like you said all the elders and their families were there, it was booked solid when I called. So, I did the next best thing and pulled out my frequent stay card and got the same deal for my family, no one knew the difference.

Welcome, and I look forward to reading your stories.

OC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit