A long Rant.....And a new beginning

by mandivided 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Joe I have locked the other thread and pointed people to this one

oh and WELCOME

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, Joe. I've got this feeling, I'll pray toward that end...that you are going to have some of your family restored to you. In betweens time, I hope you will find joy in the journey, courage in your independence.

You'll stand tall and NOBODY will dupe you for long again. (We ALL get fooled for a little while).

• Jez
    Jez

I am touched by your story. I felt the same when I was df'ed, but now, 4 years later, I look at the world so differently. I feel so in tune with the balance of everything in this world. I don't feel lost, I feel found.

Sometimes I talk to JWs that whisper to me that the end is sooo close and I just can't say anything short of my mouth almost dropping open at their simplistic explanation to life, the solutions to mankinds problems, their inablility to look inside of themselves for answers, to be proactive in making NOW better, their 'waiting' to me seems like hell on earth.

Jez

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hi Joe, Welcome! I been out so long that two generations of Witnesses don't know who I am:-) I have been doing research on things that don't work. I found a few.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Welcome Joe! hey I know exactly that loss of your people, I was disfellowshipped last year too. Turns out it was the best thing that could have happened; if they'd shown some kind of mercy I'd have thought 'wow there really is love and understanding in the truth', but now I can see through it; power-mongering, control... it's just a sad, sad place full of sad people. I'm not going back either.

Just wanted to let you know that sooner or later you will feel the JOY of freedom! Sorry you've had a couple of bad experiences 'out there', sounds like you've had a bad run. I can assure you that it's not all like that, because for me it's been only good. It will get better buddy!

• deeskis
    deeskis

Hey Tij

05-Feb-06 07:53 Feb 4, 2006

We both posted at exactly the same time......that's what I love about this site, people from all over the world with common experiences supporting each other.

Hope you're making "sweet music" Ian.

Cheers D

• ferret
    ferret

Welcome JOE..been there done that, but it only gets better,

• Think
    Think

Welcome mandivided !

My story is similar to your I lost everything.

Now, welcome to the TRUTH.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Hi Joe -

Welcome to JWD. It's a real nice place to just 'be'.

We're happy to have you along.

-Denise.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome to the board Joe!

I look forward to reading more of your posts!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit