A long Rant.....And a new beginning

by mandivided 34 Replies latest jw friends

• mandivided
    mandivided

Hey everyone,

My name is Joe. I've been a lurker for a while and just registered today. I've been disfellowshipped for about six months now, and I'm finally coming to grips with the doubts that I've had for so long. I don't even know where to begin to talk about how hard the past six months have been. I've lost everything. My family that was my world. My friends. My "purpose" in this world. In six months I've learned more about how the world operates than in my previous 21 years in "the bubble" that was my existence. My family thinks it's reason enough that I should come running back to the safe haven that is the Organization...."Can't I see how horrible it is "out there'"?, they say. But I know that's how it's designed. To be so niave to how the world operates you get chewed up and spit out and come stumbling back. I refuse. Yes I've learned the awful truth about some people in this world, but I've also seen the good, and I'm determined to pursue my own course....lol but I digress. And there's so much more as I'm sure all of you are well aware. Anyway I'm here for support. Considering the kind of person I am, this is taking alot for me to ask, but I'm honestly at a point where I need something. Just someone to talk to while I'm going through all of this, and I'm hoping to find it here. Life is not easy when you lose all of your significant, meaningful relationships, and I really don't want this bad experience to get the best of me. I want to finally know who I am, so I can confidently say I'm no longer a man divided.

Thanks for listening,

Joe

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Welcome Joe! It's nice to meet you. It will get easier as time goes on. I've been away from the WBTS's high controll group now for over a decade and I still enjoy the people and support on this forum.

• lola28
    lola28

Hi

(((Joe))), nice to have you here, if you ever feel like talking we are all here for you.

Welcome.

lola

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka

Hi Joe,

Sounds like you've had a rough go of it, but I'm happy to say that you've come to the right place. The people here are warm, inviting, caring people who will listen to whatever you have to say, answer whatever questions you might have and be supportive in whatever way they can. The people on this board are very understanding and accepting, don't be afraid to ask lots of questions and tell your story, we're all here to help.

I wish you the best of luck with your situation, I can't imagine how hard this must be for you, but I know you can overcome your issues and grow as a person, and I hope you find the help and support you need here on JWD. Tell your story, ask questions, don't be shy, and above all, have fun!! Welcome to real life, enjoy the ride!!

That said, WELCOME TO THE BOARD!! We're all glad that you're here!!

-Becka :)

• Sentient
    Sentient

mandivided,
    Welcome, you remind me of me, I too was in that bubble for the first 21 years of my life. You are stronger than you yet know, never give up because tomorrow might not be better, or next week might not be, but eventually it can be. Be sure to go easy on yourself, give yourself however much time you need. You have a lot of life ahead of you. Breathe.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome Joe, many people on this board have had similar experiences to yours and can readily empathise with you, no doubt you will find plenty of support here.

It's hard to lose friends and family so suddenly but as you are young you have plenty of time ahead of you to rebuild new ones away from the exploitative JW environment.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Welcome, Joe, you have come to the right place! We look forward to hearing more of your story.

Sherry

• mandivided
    mandivided

Wow! I never expected so many replies so quickly. I've learned already that JW's don't have a monopoly on "brotherly love". I'm headed out to work right now (time to quench the thirst of PA alcholics.LOL..I'm a bartender) but when I get back I'll post my whole story....though it might take a while....I think it'll be theraputic..thanks again, joe

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

Welcome!

• greendawn
    greendawn

Unlike what the JWs say there are nice people outside their org some of them are even much nicer than the average JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit