A long Rant.....And a new beginning

by mandivided 34 Replies latest jw friends

• deeskis
    deeskis

welcome to the forum joe

I lurked for a while before I posted too, got the feel of the place, got to know - and like some of the personalities. It's a good place for support and information, and to know that you are not alone in what you're going through.

I was born and raised a witness, parents, grandparents (both sides), cousins, everyone! I also got out when I was 21......long time ago now!..............pretty hard...........and you know for many years it was in the back of my mind that...................awwww maybe it is the truth???...............but I just can't do it............

now I know it's not the truth...........

best wishes for your journey....

D

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

yeah i can relate to how you are feeling too....im better nowadays but i still have times when i struggle to come to terms with it all...hope you can get some closure for yourself.

• delilah
    delilah
    Welcome Joe....I too, was DF'd at 21, and felt like my entire world had crashed in on me. It DOES get better, just make sure you make lots of new friends, and keep busy. We're here for you anytime you need to talk. It is a new beginning....stay positive, my friend.
  • jeeprube
    jeeprube

Welcome to the board Joe! I know exactly how you feel. It's a hard process to go through as the mental controls start to come off your brain. I've been slowly going through it over the past four years. I finally decided to face it last August, and I found this forum. You'll like it here.

You sound like a young guy, I say strike out on your own. Challenge every preconceived idea you've ever been spoon fed. Go back to school, read anything and everything you can get your hands on about the Society. Finally, realize that you can indeed think for yourself, it's OK. Critical thought is how we grow as individuals.

I look forward to your future posts!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Hey Joe, what do you know! (Sorry, I couldn't resist!) Pull up a chair and have a seat. You'll find that the people have a wealth of information and are willing to give you support. You're going to need a lifeline now that you're out. But, I can tell you, the world outside of the "Watchtower" ain't what they told you it would be. There are good people out there everywhere. You just have got to be willing to let them in. Something that can be hard for a lot of us to do.

Welcome!

• mark hughes
    mark hughes

Hi Joe, there seems to be a trend here but I was also d'fd at 21 and lost my immediate family contact. There are a lot of good people here who can support you or even a friendly chat can be uplifting.

WELCOME

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

Joe -

Just someone to talk to while I'm going through all of this, and I'm hoping to find it here.

You have for sure come to the right place!!!

Life is not easy when you lose all of your significant, meaningful relationships, and I really don't want this bad experience to get the best of me. I want to finally know who I am, so I can confidently say I'm no longer a man divided.

We understand what you are going through more than anyone else will. You WILL get past this and life gets SO MUCH BETTER! I promise! hang on and enjoy your ride dude!

freedomlover

• poppers
    poppers

Welcome Joe, you've found a great place to open up and unburden yourself. Although I've never been a JW it has been my pleasure to witness how exJWs here at JWD offer love and support to those who are struggling. You are among friends.
    poppers

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

welcome Joe

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Welcome, Joe.

We know where you're coming from. Talking things out can really help figure out what you think about things and what to do with your life. This board is a great place to do that. Welcome, and see you 'round!

SNG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit