List of family/friends lost to the Watchtower cult? (suicides)

by hubert 90 Replies latest jw friends

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Joe the auto mechanic 36 y/o

Faded.... mother and sister avid truthers, after bitter divorce and painful depression blew his brains out!!!

• hubert
    hubert
    Sometimes when you look at some of the elderly one's who have long since given up believing that it is the truth, you see an incredible sadness and the odor of apathy surrounds them. There is an aura of hopelessness that pervades. They look back and grieve for the life they could have had - the children they might have raised. They have no memories of the traditions that families often have. They have no pictures to gaze upon of birthday parties, or halloween costumes or christmas plays. They have no school pictures to remember the faces of the young as they raced through those halls in such a hurry to grow up and go to college. They sit alone and understand that everything they gave up for the Company means nothing now as they wait to die.

Thanks, Sammieswife, for your post. I don't care if you would have hijacked it, it would have been worh what you wrote in your post. It's sad, but true. I think of this with my j.w. daughter and her husband. They are missing out on so much.

When I showed my wife your post, she told me about her cousin who was df'd, and eventually saw the truth about the truth. She told my wife that she felt terrible about missing out on her 9 year old nephews birthdays, Christmases, etc., all those years. She also wanted to go to college, but was told there was no need to, seeing the end was so close. She ended up dellivering pizza to make a living, until she died in her 40's of cancer.

Thanks for your special input, Sammieswife, and to all the other posters, too.

Hubert

• sspo
    sspo

1983- very overweight brother threw himself in front of a train

2002- married elder in TN killed himself instead of coping with judicial com.

Daughter tried many times but survived and doing very well today- still in the organ.

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

To Gill:

Someone was DF'd for writing a letter???!!!! Jesus Christ, what the hell is wrong with these lunatics?? I'm working on a book that I hope will expose the vast range of psychological abuse most JW's endure by belonging to this sick cult. I have a degree in Psychology and cult involvement and/or suicide due to it were not covered that much. I hope to change that.

My sympathy to all who have lost someone.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Man in his 40's: Stabbed himself in stomach.

Teenage boy: Shot himself. Six year old sister found his body.

Old man: Refused medical treatment that wasn't even a blood transfusion.

Old woman: OD'd

Old man: Alcohol poisoning.

Two of the above were in my family.

• dawg
    dawg

1969, my Dad's old friend, dfed and sad over his wife's death... blew his chest off with a shotgun, used his toes to pull the trigger... did this over his wife's grave

Beautiful sister, 30 years old, was dfed and depressed... closed garage door and left the motor running.

I remember this sister going dancing with us, her name was Jill.. she was fun as hell to be around. I always wanted to "date" her... if you know what I mean. She was lovely in every way. God (if he exists) rest her soul.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Add to all of that a sister that used to be in my bookstudy. Severely depressed elders wife attempted suicide by slashing herself all over. She lived.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Beautiful 17 yr.old young woman raised as a witness, inactive at the time , suffered from depression . Died by suicide 2006 .

Many issues came into play , but pressure to fit in with witness life of her mom and sister was a factor .

Her school friends still keep her myspace active extolling their love for her two yrs later .

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

13 year old boy that was too nervous to give his talk one Thursday. Mom turned the car around to go home. Hung himself that night in his closet out of guilt for not doing his talk.

Left behind mom and two sisters who were Witnesses.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Beloved friend of mine shot his wife and then shot himself. He was an elder, she a JW.

My son's roommate's dad shot himself after being DF'd. The roommate was 10 y.o. at the time.

Big D. blew his head off with a shotgun due to inability to cope with complications of diabetes, was denied a JW funeral even though was a lifelong JW and family all still in.

I attempted suicide in 1993 (OD'd) due to stress of being DF'd but was saved. Thanks be to God.

StAnn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit