Does life begin at 40?

by qwerty 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

I was horrified at turning 40, but that was 20 years ago. I am not thrilled about being 60 either, but what can you do about it? As time goes on, you realize you are still you inside, but the outside looks older.

In my experience, life gets better and better as you age. Your children grow up and move on, you have new freedoms, and you are so much smarter than when you were 20 or 30. Don't worry about it.

If I could get my neck fixed, I would be happier about my age..................it's saggy (extra skin) like my Dad's and grandma's.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

the 40s are really great years - but my father says -all years are great years in their own way

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    lower sex drive for men anyway

Not according to my husband, who is 41 soon to be 42. He's been commenting how good the sex has been over the last year, it has gotten better and is better than when we were in our 30's.

Josie

• Smiles_Smiles
    Smiles_Smiles

Depends on what your definition of living is ...

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Depends on what your definition of living is ...

Yeah. When I was in my twenties I couldn't afford to do a lot of things I wanted to do. Now I'm in my forties and I can afford it - my health just won't tolerate it. W

• serendipity
    serendipity

My 40's have been great so far. Actually things have been getting significantly better since 2000. I seem to learn more life lessons and they 'stick' so I have fewer and fewer problems (real or imagined). My attitude toward life is also much better and especially in the last 2-3 years I don't worry as much. Aint't life grand.

• lola28
    lola28

whaaaaaaa? you mean there is life after 25?

wow, who would have thought.

lola

• ezra
    ezra

you guys sound like your getting bored

• beksbks
    beksbks

I think ezra is still under bOrg control. I finally left my ex husband at 40. For me a whole new life is beginning. Plus, women peak sexually in their 40's!!! Whoooooooot!

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

God I hope so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit