Why Do Some "JWs" Do This???..........

by minimus 61 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I know of some Witnesses that haven't go out in service or attended a meeting in years. Most "new ones" (to them and they could be Witnesses for 10 years!) that live in the territory have no clue of these "Witnesses". Maybe, just maybe, they might attend a Memorial. YET, they would NEVER accept a blood transfusion, would shun a disfellowshipped person, etc.........What's up with that???

• Honesty
    Honesty

Mind control and fear.

• greendawn
    greendawn

They are in a half way situation they managed to escape the WTS mind conditioning in part, not completely, something not surprising given how very sticky it is and thus how hard it is to get rid of it. In some areas they can act independently in others they follow the JW mentality.

• jgnat
    jgnat

They're like nominal Catholics. True believers but they can't stomach the lifestyle or the hypocricy. Nevertheless, they continue to believe and follow most of the doctrines, sincerely believing it's the only "truth" out there.

I imagine there hasn't been a lot of deep thinking on what they believe and why.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

It is indeed a strange conundrum...........................some don't believe and yet don't want to lose family and so
    fade slowly
    away......

Others believe, but fade, too. IMO - I have always thought these were the saddest, most tortured souls. And yet, at the same time - kind of disgusting - pod-people - with no will of their own and self-loathing. I beleive that they are people who just cannot do the JW thing - the speaking, going in FS, comments, interacting with congo and overbearing elders - just can't hack it.
    These are the people who are emotionally tied-in, but were never intellectually up to it.

• minimus
    minimus

Most of these types aren't the brightest people I know. And they consider themselves good JWs.

• undercover
    undercover

Honesty hit right off the bat: "control"

Until someone lives in a controlling atmosphere like the JWs or the LDS church, they'll never understand how an organization can sway people to follow rules.

Even so-called JWs who show up only at assemblies and CO visits are "brainwashed" to accept and follow certain rules or beliefs.

This phenomenom(sp?) is one reason that I tend to catagorize JWs as a cult.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I hear you, minimus. I corresponded on the 'net with one for some time. He was intelligent, engaging, charming...in other words, a threat to his fellow elders. He couldn't tolerate the idiocy.

ON THE OTHER HAND, he sincerely believed the JW's are the closest thing to the truth out there.

• minimus
    minimus

Yeah but these people don't go to meetings, personal study, preach, fellowship with other cult members.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    Others believe, but fade, too. IMO - I have always thought these were the saddest, most tortured souls. And yet, at the same time - kind of disgusting - pod-people - with no will of their own and self-loathing. I beleive that they are people who just cannot do the JW thing - the speaking, going in FS, comments, interacting with congo and overbearing elders - just can't hack it.

That describes my father, except for the intelligence part - he's a pretty smart guy. His emotional tie-in is my mother, who will never leave.

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit