What did you take with you when you left the organization?

by coffee_black 52 Replies latest jw experiences

• unique1
    unique1

A good knowledge of the bible, I can quote with the best of them. No fear of talking to strangers, which is good being a Secretary and all. An understanding of what REAL love is, you don't know what it is until you see people without it.

• Chimene
    Chimene

Most definitely a permenant bad taste in my mouth

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

I TOOK MY WIFE!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

my brain and my sanity

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

A negative attitude.

W

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Homilophobia, Anthropophobia, Theophobia, Hedonophobia, Hellenologophobia, Hylephobia, Ideophobia, Kolpophobia, Leprophobia, Macrophobia (thanks The Time of the End is coming soon), Nudophobia, Ophthalmophobia, Orthophobia, Uranophobia, Papaphobia, Pediophobia (smurf ones in particular), Photophobia (especially that ever changing new one), Phronemophobia (this causes problems), Plutophobia (eye of the needle my friends), Pogonophobia (damn hippies), Prosophobia, Samhainophobia, Satanophobia, Sophophobia, Staurophobia, Symbolophobia (stupid Revelation book), Teleophobia (once again thanks Revelation: A Grand Climax at hand), Testophobia (Written Review my ass), Thaasophobia, Didaskaleinophobia, Doxophobia, Decidophobia (yeah...conscience matter eh?), Cenophobia, Bibliophobia, and Blennophobia but to be fair that last one was mostly from "You Can't Do That On Television".

Sorry about the longevity of this, the more I read through the phobias the funnier it got for me to add them. To see what they all are check out this link (hit ctrl+F and type in the phobia to find it quicker) http://www.phobialist.com/#H-

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I would be hard-put to think of anything positive I took with me, because the price was so damned high!

I'm pretty good at the Jeopardy questions about religion and the Bible. BFD, eh?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

A healthy degree of skepticism, a (possibly unhealthy) ability to ignore rejection and insults, some of my friends, a thirst for knowledge, a lot of books, an awareness of how dangerous organizations can be brought down, and a belief that dangerous organization should be brought down when recognized as such. Still trying to bring my wife out, but she is not cooperating as well as I'd hoped. As long as there is breath, there is hope.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Thanks for all the responses. I have a healthy dose of skepticism too... I left my naivite inside the kingdom hall.

Lady Lee, I took my kids with me too...and I'm soooo grateful for that. I used to get nervous before giving talks at the kh. I think part of that was that you had to be so careful that you said the right words...and there were always the copious notes camoflaged in the Bible so no one would see. Everyone was judging you in so many ways. It was no wonder we got nervous.

I give hour long presentations now with no notes whatsoever, and I don't get the least bit nervous.

Coffee

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Thanks for all the responses. I have a healthy dose of skepticism too... I left my naivite inside the kingdom hall.

Lady Lee, I took my kids with me too...and I'm soooo grateful for that. I used to get nervous before giving talks at the kh. I think part of that was that you had to be so careful that you said the right words...and there were always the copious notes camoflaged in the Bible so no one would see. Everyone was judging you in so many ways. It was no wonder we got nervous.

I give hour long presentations now for my job with no notes whatsoever, and I don't get the least bit nervous. I actually think it's fun.

Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit